Resting On Our Laurels-This Week's Sermon From Rev. FPS

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Godsdrummer, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

You may be seated.

It occured to me this morning as I was getting ready for work, what would happen to me, if I had everything go my way. What if I were independently wealthy? What if just everything fell into place? What would I do then?

Would I be happy? Would my life have anymore meaning?

And then it hit me like a ton of bricks that my life has been falling into place. I dont have the financial wealth, but I have alot of the rest. And God just didnt give it to me. I had to work at it. I am still working on it.

You see, we can't just recover from our demons, be it, depression, or suicidial ideation or even alcoholism and go, ok....well that's it. I am better. Back to life.

No, WE CAN NOT rest on our laurels. Don't you dare do it. Not even for a minute.

Yes we can reflect upon where we were at our lowest and rejoice in where we are today, but, we can't stop there.

For if we are to become, what God has intended for us to become, we have to work at it.

Look into your heart. What is that one thing you always wanted to do?

What is stopping you? Money? Go get another job? Relationships? Work on em? Love and support? You've got plenty here and plenty out there, if you just seek it.

Perhaps you havent found the right church yet? Forget about denominations. Go out and find your way. FInd that church that you can fall in love with. I didnt even know it possible, but I am a living testimony here to tell you that not only it is possible, but is very VERY possible.

To find happiness and fulfillment in your life, we can not rest on our accomplishments we have already had, and we can not rest on our complacency of our current circucmstances.

We must go forward.

So my friends, I urge you to go forward and go after it. Live like you used to dream.

May God bless you and keep you.

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

that was great Bill thanks so much I needed to hear that for sure...thanks Rev.

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Your'e welcome! :love: