Restricted Progress

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by FrainBart, Aug 25, 2016.

1. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I've done well. Extremely well. I've managed to pull myself out of a massive hole, financially, mentally, physically. Weight-loss is counting at over 3St this year, financially got myself a decent paying job, and mentally being more capable of roughing out the down spots. 5 shifts a week tire me so sleep is desperately needed.

So the progress is there. I have succeeded in turning myself around.

But now the restrictions are popping up. I've got the chance to progress at work, after only 5 months there I've been "recommended" to try for section leader, (step below management) but at home I have little support in the way of taking on this potential training.

Part of me knows they've only suggested I take this training as the current section leader, who we've had for less than a month is moving on in his life next month, pretty much leaving us high and dry. I'm the only full timer on that section.

Mentally while my down days are manageable by throwing myself at work, I'm starting to see a trend in myself, and becoming a pushover at home. I don't feel supported, and I'm challenged every step. Each good thing gets counteracted and I'm made to feel guilty for positive things, promptly destroying any positive feeling I have.

Financially I may be sustaining myself and family, I'm seeing myself fall into a pit. Whilst earning enough for current bills and rent, and urgent threatening debt, I don't have enough to cover all the urgent threatening debt and all the current bills, so while I've made steps forward to sort my life out, it seems everyone out there is trying to fling me many steps back.

Honestly don't know what the aim of this thread is, constructive criticism, words of encouragement , anything , just want to know I'm not wasting my efforts even though it feels like I am
  2. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

You should get the training at work. Having experience in management (or close to it) is extremely precious.

I don't think i understand your situation at home, who lives with you??

Good job and good luck!
  3. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

What is going on at home? I would really like to hear more about this. This seems to be one of your biggest stressors.

Otherwise you sound like you are doing very well for yourself. You sound a bit overwhelmed and stressed out; but you seem to have a very busy life.

I think maybe you seeing a counselor would help you out a lot. If for nothing else just to have somewhere safe you can blow steam off.

Take Care