retail therapy can be so inspiring!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by the masked depressant, May 25, 2011.

1. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

went to HMV today and only got a few items, but i all ready feel a bit better, not that i'll use most of the stuff- but having it next to me wrapped up in the foil.. it just gives me a weird feeling. 1 that i can't even explain

i usually hate shopping, but this seemed diffrent..

does this happen to anyone else?

just buying something (despite the fact you won't really use it) does it still make you feel happy?
  2. eagle

eagle Well-Known Member

i get manic when i go shopping and buy way too much stuff :(

it doesn't make me happy though
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Have completely run amuck in HMV :laugh: am so bad in those kind of shops that I banned meself from the Virgin mega store :laugh:
    But yeah, always come away satisfied and happy....till the credit card bill arrives anyways :hamster:
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Years ago, I went shopping after a nasty day at the office. Ooops.

I impulse bought a designer dress. I loved that dress! :)
  5. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

all the time ! my guilty pleasure was cataloges shamefully i spent rather alot of money ! but yes it made me feel alot better xx
  6. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Lol i have to hide my card every pay-day or things start arriving at my door that i dont even remember buying.
  7. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

every now and then me and my siblings will take a friend or two and go to mcdonalds for breakfeast. then go the the shops and buy random shit. Like a pair of $5 thongs because I was walking around barefeet. Or a few one dollar scratchies(even though im underage?). Then when we go to woolworths when it opens I get to perv on the hot guy, LOL.

shopping is good :p
  8. Dreamland

Dreamland Well-Known Member

I am constantly doing window shopping retail therapy, though I rarely *actually* buy anything because I've yet to start my new job and until recently I've never had a high enough income to be comfortable spending much.

I do a lot of looking around online, which I love to do. I don't remember what the site was called, but I used to have an account where you could just add whatever you wanted from any site with a store to a giant wishlist. It was fun to just look through what I wanted and see what kind of person they made me seem like.
  9. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

I sometimes just love the act of wandering around a store aimlessly with headphones on. We have this store called Dollar Tree (where everything is 1 dollar or less) and I usually let myself go bananas. I'm really frugal but sometimes I just need to buy crap. haha it's exciting like buying yourself a present!