Returning member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm jediknight. I lost access to the email address associated with that account, and don't remember my password for this one (knew of no other way to reconnect here). I'd like to start participating in chat and on the forums here, once again.

So a little news about myself. I live my life as best I can in accordance with the word of God. I'm a Christian, and loving it! I've changed my ways and no longer partake in self medicating behaviors, including drinking alcohol. I have been discharged from psych services, as some of you may know, and have just put my car back on the road after an unfortunate accident caused by a person I was friends with.

In case you don't know this about me, I have attempted suicide several times, and have suffered severe depression in the past - on numerous occasions. I've been admitted to psychiatric hospital numerous times for 'drug induced psychosis' (one of the reasons I was prompted to cease this drug taking behavior.

I hope you're doing well with your recovery, and if you're struggling that you're receptive to the help which is available to you, wherever that may come from.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi there. I remember you. (I might've changed my user name too actually) But welcome back friend. Glad you're doing well. See you around.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It's great to see you, I remember you. Yay for not partaking in self medicating behaviours, I am proud of you to say the least, welcome back :)

Faithful Servant,

I searched "christian" in the forums and your post came up. I left the Catholic church decades ago and have remained turned away from Christ for most of my adult life. I experienced something, well a bunch of somethings, and feel God is calling to me. I started attending a Baptist church five weeks ago and haven't missed a Sunday. Right now, I am pacing around waiting for 12:00 because I am going to an AA meeting. I have been to two separate meetings years ago, but this time is different and I intend to make a commitment. 24 hours without a drink just passed. Your introduction sounds like you might understand where I'm coming from. Reading it is giving me the courage to follow through today. Thank you.

Hey! Congrats on the lifestyle change. To both you and 'unwanted failure'-may I suggest you look for a spam program? Our church has one. Although it is a 12 step and similar to AA-it differs in that there are real answers in Christ, very different than AA and other programs. There are several people who attend ours that 'make the circuit' to area ones each night of the week, which keeps them clean and pure and sober. Just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00