Returning

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Baka, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baka

Baka Well-Known Member

Been a while since I've been here, had a suicide attempt about 17 months ago which I'm very surprised it didn't work. Maybe a month or so after I stopped coming here, really no good reason why I stopped as my suicidal feelings aren't as strong as they were then but they're still there and seem to be increasing once again. I've been out of work now for over 3 years, first 2 years because I just wanted a break but have looked so, so hard after that with zero results and don't see any good results ever happening. Getting late where I am so will wrap this up and return in the morning, but quickly about me I'm a male in their mid-40's, no kids, no wife, no job, no prospects, think if everything stays the same will sink right back into the state I was once in. Oh well, I'm kind of a boring writer or at least so when I talk about myself so thanks for reading and will get back to any responses or PMs.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Baka i am sorry to hear you are not feeling so well and that the depression is getting worse. It is so hard when you try and try and get no results You are not boring hun I am glad you are reaching out here ok you keep reaching out Hugs

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Baka. Depression is tough and it hard to get through it on your own. Please keep posting as we are all here to support you. Take care.

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I don't think you're boring at all. I'm glad you came back and are reaching out for support. Here if you ever feel like talking.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hello Baka.. Sorry things are so rough again for you.. Hope you are able to find that job.. In the meantime is more than ok to talk with us here.. Many others here that feel just like you.. Is better to talk some with us than just dig in totally alone!!

Just said a quick prayer that you do get that job!!

6. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Welcome back Baka

:freehug:

7. Baka

Baka Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the responses, did find before many others were willing to listen to what people had to say, think I'm a bit reserved as far as saying how I really feel about things as I hate to come off as a whiner. Really did try for so long in getting a job and trying to improve things in my life just a little bit but it just baffled me how all my attempts seemed to flop. Haven't totally given up but I'm approaching that level too quickly. Think when you're in your 40's you're not too old or over the hill but think in a way life has passed me by, all the things that used to work to make my life somewhat stable no longer do, have had a hard time adjusting to the modern ways of doing things, especially when it comes to finding a job where the process has really changed over the last 10+ years. That's it for now and thanks again for all the responses, think I'll go through the threads and see if I can't find a few things that may relate to me.

8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You wouldn't come off as a whiner; sometimes it can help just to vent, to get things off your chest and know you're being heard and taken seriously.

Aarrrgh, I know what you mean when you talk about how much things have changed with regards to finding a job. A few people have told me they think the process of job hunting is easier, but for me, it's become so much more difficult!! I don't like it at all, so I feel your pain. Job searching is a nightmare now!

9. Baka

Baka Well-Known Member

Job searching these days is much harder, most people think that way, no doubt that's a big reason for the abyss I've sunken into. Then again when I was working never felt A-OK either but this idleness has gotten to me, actually the poverty I'm in is the main thing that has gotten to me. It really does get depressing when you work on your resume, create a good cover letter, spend 40 or more minutes at a site applying for a job and within 5 minutes you get a rejection e-mail. I'll keep at it though as what other options are there in life but do admit I've gone at it half heartedly lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.