Reuse or recycle?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cots, Oct 17, 2013.

1. cots

cots Well-Known Member

I'm a used plastic bottle. Should I continue putting myself up for more use as a cheap plastic bottle, or should I just jump into the recycle bin and see if I can turn into something that's more worthy and special?

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am so very sorry that you have expereinced things in life that cause you to think of yourself as a "used plastic bottle". How very painful that must be to feel this. I used to think of myself as "people pollution". Pollutiing hunankind. Very painful thing to think. I hope you can find people who can help you see that you do have worth. Although again, I am very sorry for whatever has caused you to feel you do not. please keep posting. You have worth here. Everyone does. Everyone :hug:

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I read your post and started to answer but the more I thought about the way it was phrased the more I began to think. It seems there is actually a lot to consider on that question if you look at it from a philosophical view. At what point do we stop trying to fix and improve on the problem areas we all have and when do we say it is time to try another approach completely. I do not know exactly what your thoughts were on when you posted it, I suppose they could range from simple expression to consideration of drastic acts so I am not going to try to answer you directly.

The way I was thinking is more in terms of life questions in general - when is it time to stop trying to work on a relationship and call it finished and look for a new one , when is it time to stop trying to do more with one company or career and look to go to a new company or completely different career direction as examples. Those are hard questions for anybody to know the answer to and would always require soul searching and guesswork. After pondering though, even without knowing exactly what you are referring to, I realized one thing. Whether you reuse or recycle you are admitting the core base product has significant worth and value and will continue to have worth and value. Do not throw it away - it still has a lot of value and you just need to decide how to make the best use of it.

4. cots

cots Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. But as long as the plastic bottle is in the form and state that it is in, nothing will change. Once a used bottle, always a used bottle.

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I used to turn used soda bottles into feeders for my plants. I could not have done that with a brand new bottle. they are already full with stuff that does not benefit plants ( or humans for that matter). Sometimes if we can just hold on, we can find a purpose for what we thought had no purpose. I hold on. Because I am hoping for just that. I am not underestimating how difficult it is to hold on. I know first hand how hard it is each day. And i dont hold on very well.

6. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I disagree, there's all kinds of things you can make with a used bottle and turning it into something awesome and new. You have the power to shapeshift into anything you wish...it is hard to do it if you see yourself in negative ways but take it one day at a time, change one thing and see how it works for you...