Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Frank Smith, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Member

I need to let out some fustration. Today was my last day at work and never before have I felt so screwed over. From the first day I knew there was something dodgey about the management, and the fact that they let me go proves it.

I am aware that the credit crunch forced them to let more people than usual go, but whey they chose the people they decided to keep instead of me is almost beyond comprehention. I was the most experienced, fastest and signed up the most people to the companies credit card. However, all the time I kept being told by someone how a certain 2 managers keep criticising me. When it came to my exit interview I was told it was because of these criticisms I was being let go.

Funny thing is, the managers bull shitting about me are the ones I do not work with, they are all new and seen as incompetent by everyone else. Now I am left with this ever so minor, but still annoying, hatred for the store and people responsiaavle for my exit. To make things worse, they kept someone who has missed 2 weeks worth of work in 2 months, scives by hiding and chats back to managers.

This is just another annoyance to my life which makes me feel even more, well, wasted really. I have always said boredom and fustration, not depression, has been the main reason why, if I could, would willingly drop dead this very instance. However, I now have this mentality of not making such people who screw me over get one over me. Now I think that I need to get this people back before I get rid of myself.

How many peope here have some kind of burning hatred for someone which is a significant factor in your thought for suicide?
  2. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

ooooooooooohh I do! I do! People are sick and twisted freaks.
  3. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

yes burning hatred is what keeps me going, most people would have killed some people when they realized what I have gone through and they realize what I had, hatred is why I am here, other people are more or less the reason why I am on this board
  4. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

a lot of people are shits yes. but a hatred will only harm you not them. the best revenge is to say fuck them and pick yourself up and move on.. find another job etc. im not saying its easy at all. its easier to hate but it rots you inside ultimately. your hatred of them and suicidal thoughts will not affect them one jot.. just you. there are lots of reasons to hate in the world i agree. but for your sake i would try not to hate too long. i hope you find something better and manage to find work where the managers are not arseholes. x
  5. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." Buddha

but neat little buddha quotes aside...i know exactly how you feel. People take advantage of others to an extent that is sickening. Thats why i have learned never do something for someone else.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't hate anyone. Hatred is a strong word. I don't even hate the man that raped me. I have forgiven him. To move with my life, I had to.
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Soliloquise summed it up very well:

Of course you feel used and angry - sounds like they did take advantage. But carrying the anger just affects you, physically, emotionally and cognitively. The energy you use to be angry could be redirected to something positive.

Perhaps you could "get revenge" by succeeding in spite of your former employer. Show them what a fabulous worker they lost - (maybe you'd even end up working for their competition. :laugh:) At any rate, just imagine, you might run into a former manager someplace and tell him/her just how WONDERFULLY you are doing!

I hope the anger subsides and you can move on soon. :hug:
  8. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

My hatred for a few select others does somewhat keep me from killing myself. I hate the thought that they will "pity" me or say that they knew something was "wrong" with me.

Most of the people I truly hate, though, are people in positions of authority who either seriously disrespected me or otherwise screwed me. After the inciting incident, I usually seek revenge by soiling their reputation as best I can to everyone I know. I make sure to do this as coolly and logically as possible, for nothing dissuades people from your opinion more than obvious anger or bitterness. I also only undermine the person when it is logical to do so, such as when his/her name comes up in conversation, or if others talk about seeking or scheduling his/her specialty. In other words, I slowly but consistently attempt to "poison" the wrongdoers.

It's a cold, but still satisfying, form of vengeance.
  9. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Well, I say get back at them in a way that can't be traced back to you. I don't know, do you have any useful information from that store that you can use to hurt them?

Once you've hurt them, then you can forgive them and move on.
  10. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

'Sometimes its better to get pissed off then to get pissed on,' (Stone Cold Steve Austin).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.