Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Shock, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Yup, this is a rant. I am just very angry right now and need to get this off my chest.

For those of you that dont know, over a month ago I was involuntarily admitted to a psych ward. To keep things short I had a just horrible experience, and came out far worse then I went it with the bonus of developing PTSD. I've been talking very politely to the patient liaison officer at the hospital but getting no where.

I think its time to amp things up. Quite simply, they fucked me up and I want revenge. I know they breached some of their code of ethics and instead of asking politely for them to remove my records (what I originally asked for but they refused) I am instead going to create a ministerial complaint - a complaint level that the state minister of mental health must look into.

So fuck those guys - all I wanted to do was have my records removed and got on with picking up the pieces and forgot the whole thing. But they wont even do that so I want to upset them as much as they upset me. I will be a bulldog on this.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

ahh anger will not work here hun keep a cool head get a lawyer if you must but don't lose it okay. You get some legal advice and go about this in a professional way showing them you are stable and will not allow this to happen to anyone else hun hugs
  3. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Thanks Total Eclipse. Of course I agree with you. I will keep cool when I talk to them again but I just cannot let this slide. Like I said its been quite a while since the incident but the anger just keeps growing and growing inside of me. I thought I would be over it but no, not when they've gone this far.

Mental illness or not, I am a human being and have every right to be treated as one. I battle with depression every. Single. Day. Always by myself, and it has nearly robbed me of my life on several occasions, so if they think they can take away my rights as a citizen so easily they've got another thing coming. I've lived on the edge of life and death for so long I know how tenacious I can be.

It's not my choice to have a disability but I choose to fight it. It was their choice to treat me the way they did and so I will fight them until either they or illness kills me.

Haha sorry that was kind of another rant inits self. Thanks again Eclipse. I will keep cool
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

How about a good attorney and persue a law suit...and see if others had the same experience to initiate class action litigation
  5. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Hi Sadeyes,

Yes that may be an eventual outcome. But I am going to take it one step at a time, and my first step is to see if they can change just from me going to talk to them. It might be a long shot but its a start.

I may post a thread here asking if anyone else has had the same experience in the same hospital as me. Thanks for the advice :)
  6. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

7. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Well I kinda fucked up. I went in and just couldnt make myself sound clear enough. I was scattered all over the place. Although I took my notes and everything I just couldnt get across what I wanted to say in an effective manner. Fucked up big time. Don't know what is going to happen now...
  8. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

I hope it turns out OK. You tried; good for you.
  9. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

I understand a lot of what your saying.. I have some PTSD as well created by being in care at different hospitals and long term facilities..

I think actually there are a lot more out there who feel the same.. I've been for example in hospitals and they wont let you leave even if you are on a voluntary case.. and say you are demanding to, so they can put you on involuntary..

Don't make much sense to me.. But anyway, like I said, there's a lot out there who know similarly what you are going through.. There are also movements out there trying to change the way people are treated and try to change the stigmas..

I found a few of them searching online...

Here's a link to a wiki also that may be helpful:

And this is another movement (Mad Pride):
    And another article on mad pride:

MindFreedom International:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011