1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reviewing

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by coffee, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coffee

coffee Well-Known Member

I was in so much pains and hurt, I wasn't really able to look back and go through what I have learned so far. I was so busy with crying, blaming, full of hateful, confused etc...

I wanted to get better. I wanted to be perfectly well, I was very eager to go through all these process too fast, what happened was......it was more difficult than it should had been... but now I see myself where I am right now. Everything was worth it. It's like cooking potatoes and meats. If you try to cook them fast with highest temperature they are harder to eat. I understand that I have to learn to be patient with certain things.

Recently I had skin reaction from a new cream. I freaked out.
    I should have just use water to wash them off and wait to cool down.
    but I wanted to fix it ASAP so I ended up trying whole different kinds of other creams. Then it got worse of course. So I've finally decided to stop using anything and just waited. Now I am back to normal and appreciate my skin.

This counselor that I had for over a year now. He has been there for me.
    It wasn't perfect. Tons of ups and down, I felt betrayal, rejected, abandoned etc... It was like going through exactly same things as I was child.
    Relationship with my parents, abusers, authorities, friends...

This counseling process was the worst because he was there for me and promised me and made me feel like I can be friend with him etc. BUT again, he didn't keep his promise. However I am stronger and I don't have to doubt myself because I've survived the most painful experience.

Anyways, I am quite focused now. I know where I am standing and I know what's the most important things in my life. Which is...

My own family. especially my son.
    Because my parents never took care of me, with my son, I was so focused on just being close physically for him and I've done enough of that.

Now he is older and I have to be there for him emotionally. Connect with this little guy.
    Sometimes, it really frustrates me that he fallows me everywhere that I don't get breaks at all. But I've decided to really enjoy it cuz he's not going to do that forever and I learned to say No to him, trying to take care of myself at the same time. Learning limits and balancing.

Now I see purpose of my life. I have my wonderful little man right by me.
    I will be there for him. Not like what my parents did to me.

My counselor helped me to grow up emotionally. It was dang hard because
    I didn't like it at all when he was trying to discipline me but it was very necessary and I am going to do same for my son.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.