Revisiting my therapist/psychologist

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Kaish, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how to ask this question, but it's pretty important to me. It has almost been two years since I was in therapy. I was having a very difficult time in life and my therapist and psychologist helped me piece my life back together and today while I still have difficult days, overall I love life. Part of piecing my life together was relocating 1,800 miles away from my family. For the first time since then I am going back to revisit my family and take a walk down memory lane. I am not sure how to handle my therapist and psychologist though. I left that city in a hurry and never looked back. Before leaving I did tell my therapist I would let her know how I'm doing once I relocate, but that never happened. Once I arrived to my new home I struggled to adjust and then eventually found a full-time job and have been pretty busy since. Going back, there is a part of me that wants to see them, but realistically I know they have appointments and I cannot just 'drop in'. I'm thinking perhaps writing a letter to both of them and hand deliver it to the front desk. I'd also like to include a small candle (something you would find at the dollar store) not as a gift, but to just add a little to the 'presentation' of the letter, but then I think what if they do want to see me? Not for an appointment, but just for a minute or two. After this visit, I don't know when I will be back. I also feel bad because the ladies at the front desk were very friendly to me during my care and didn't know I was leaving. I just disappeared one day. I'd also like to write them a little note (thanking them for their kindness) and include a candle, but I can't remember their names. Lastly, I don't know if they're still at the hospital. I don't know how to go about finding their names. But then I start to think I might be looking too much into this. Everyone at that hospital might have long forgotten about me.

I guess I'm looking for suggestions on how to handle this. Can anyone help?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Kaish can you not j ust call the office and tell them your are back now in the area and would like just a minute to come in and see them ok No one will be upset with you they will want to see how you are ok so don't be afraid to pick up phone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.