Rich People Are Mean

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mooch74, Sep 27, 2012.

1. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

I truly believe that rich people, much like celebrities are mean, evil people who prey on us real people all the time. It seems like people with money like to hurt people who don't. This kind of attitude is creating a big divide in this nation. A society that constantly plays the haves vs the have nots is a dangerous things. I think the haves should one day realize that there are a lot more have nots in this world.
  2. Struggler_

Struggler_ Active Member

The US is much better in this regard than many other countries, since we actually have a middle class (though it's shrinking due to this recession). The middle class greatly downplays the conflict and dichotomy of the 'haves' and 'have nots' by being a sort of economical buffer between the two groups.

But like I said, the differences between those with money and those without is far greater in other countries that really only have the wealthy and the poor, and lack a middle class altogether. Many African countries are like this--primarily in Southern Africa.
  3. ripples

ripples Member

Poor people are whiney, and no body likes whining. See why rich people might be mean?
  4. UNE

UNE Member

It can be easy to see each perspective as malevolent because each group is concerned with exact inverse issues. There are good people in every income bracket. I fully understand what the OP is saying as well. It is depressing to see a person with opportunities to help others waste them, yet perhaps knowing someone is negative early on is a blessing in disguise.