Rich People Make Life Unbearable

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mooch74, Jun 19, 2012.

1. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

I think rich people like celebrities bring this world down. Society glorifies people who do nothing, bring nothing to this world, but their damn fame and expansive bank accounts and expect the rest of us to kow-tow to their every move. I, for one am sick and tired of them. Everyday, you hear about poor little rich celebrities talking about their hardships and burdens. None of them know what true burdens or pain really are like many people who frequent this site. It just hurts to see the wrong people get credit in this world. No celebrity has ever had a bad day in their lives compared to most real people. I think the world could get a lot better if people like celebrities just kept quiet and stopped throwing their perfection in all our faces. Thanks for listening.

2. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Yup, the world is all about greed and $$. The celebrity world is totally phony. I've lived on both sides and now I'm flat *ssed smashed under the train. People that still have $$ want nothing to do with me. I lost my $$ through a greedy selfish economy and a lying SOB now dead husband who also financially ruined me. The media should get off themselves and get on to real people and real news. Celebs only care about themselves and are totally shallow, brainless, and clueless. They are airbrushed in photos, give their best side to the camera, made up, dressed by fancy designers and jewelers for free just so they can say so and so wore their stuff. They don't give a @#$% about anything else but themselves. They are anything but perfect-mistakes are hidden away or bought away. They are lousy role models. Their moment of fame is about 1 minute in a lifetime. Non celebrities that are rich are just as bad if not worse-hoarders, manipulating, controlling, and very petty. Believe me-if you have no $$, you are nothing and no one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Red, I know what you are saying...the recession took my investments and retirement fund and now I have to work 10 years more than I wanted to because of that...and yes, the waste and the misdirected sense of worth can make one very angry

4. red ribbons

Sad eyes, I lost everything I worked for over a lifetime too. We were raised to believe that if we worked hard and saved our money, invested it wisely, etc. our old age would be OK! HA! We've been flat *ssed ruined It was all a lie, con and a sham by the US gov to obtain $$ from us.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
  5. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

Let me give you some advice. Do not watch TV. No reason to see the "celebrities". Read books and magazines about maths and science instead. Much better and you can worship the real heroes aka scientists and engineers.

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I do hear you...all I can do now, is brush myself off and know that if I made it once, I will do it again, but this time, I am in charge and no one will determine my fate...have started a stock club with several friends to see how fast we can reacquire some equity...but as you know, that is high risk...we will see...ah The American Dream...the 90% turned that into a nightmare for many

7. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I agree that they are shallow, selfish, phony, etc. But like Steven, I ignore them and I don't let their lives affect mine. Red, I realize those types of people have had a direct impact on your life, and I am very sorry for what you went through. But for most of the rest of us, the best option is to just pretend like they don't even exist. Sadeyes, it does anger me that the wealthy seem to have so much control over the economy, but I realize there isn't anything I can do about it - except to keep my money out of their grubby little hands whenever possible. I half expect to be dead before I retire anyway... and I'm prepared for the very real possibility that I may end up having to work well past the standard "retirement age", regardless of whether or not I invest any money towards retirement. I don't have enough faith in the current system to put money into it now in the hopes that it will still be there later.

8. red ribbons

StevenSiew, you are right-the same remote that turns it on turns it off. All it does is retraumatize you to watch things that hurt you over and over.

9. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

I do. I am a professional writer currently writing five books. In addition, I rarely watch tv, but whenever I do, some other asshole celebrity is glorified for something else. It's hard to escape.

10. red ribbons

Mooch, yes, that's all that's on.I'm artistic so I go to you tube. Maybe that would help you too.