Right be honest with me.. please

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Majordepressionfor12years, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What is the quickest way to go with pills..

in the non painful sleeping way.. and not waking up with my kidneys and liver damaged so I'm in agony till I die weeks later..

I mean what pills in what quantities will do the job.. I have sleeping tablets.. but on investigation with them they just made me sleep the whole packet did nothing more than that.. so What tablets followed by the new sleeping tablets from the doctors.. what once.. paracetemol.. aspirin.. (those are the ones they can recover you from so.. whats the other options???)

2. Metallica*Melinda

Metallica*Melinda Well-Known Member

we're not really allowed to tell you this so don't be surprised if you dont get any replies...... :( sorry

3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

This is a pro life site so no one will tell you methods. We aim to help those who come here in deep despair, not help them destroy themselves. Please talk to us - we're good listeners and will love and support you. Please don't give up all hope - keep a little at least.

love and hugs,

least

4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

This is a pro life forum :)

As least says, please talk to us and we will listen and support you :)

Take care

Joe

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

There is no easy way with pills. Talk to us before doing anything irrevocable.

6. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

The quickest way to go with pills...hmm...

I'd say take your daily vitamin every day, and stay healthy my friend.

We have short lives as it is, why not just wait it out? Death will be waiting for you, sure enough. Life keeps going regardless.

7. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Right now i think id do it..

8. malek

malek Well-Known Member

<Mod Edit: Abacus21 - methods>

I'm not pro-life, i'm not pro-death, i'm pro-choice. If you want to kill your self do it. Only the selfish people will not understand you.

People say suicide is selfish i say forcing someone to live for your own selfish reasons is not helping them, forcing someone to hurt eavery day because you are too affraid of letting go is not helping.

<Mod Edit: Abacus21 - encouraging>

Life is not precious it is a dime a dozen
    Love is not precious it is only a fleeting emotion
    The only thing that is precious is your free will and you are able to do what your want to do do go out there and do it.

The only question you have to answer for your self is this one.

"What do i want out of life to make me happy?"

If your answer to that is to kill your self <Mod Edit: Abacus21 - encouraging>.

I have been wanting to die since i was 8yo. All my life people told me life would only get better. To give it some time. that's bullshit.

I listened to them, kept hope and what happenned? i missed my chance at a harmless death. Now i'm stuck with a wife, 2 kids and no possibility to quit life in good conscience. My kids need me, without me they will starve and die.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2006
  9. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I don't think suicide is a selfish act, I think it's a desperate move on the part of someone who cannot see any other way out or through.:sad: I do not think it's a good solution, however, as many of here are standing on the edge of madness... but we're still standing!:smile:

Not a day goes by that I don't think of suicide, but I now have options and consequences to think of also, and those thoughts now accompany the thoughts of suicide. If I die, there's no coming back, no possibility of rectifying my mistakes or missteps, and I can never never undo the harm it will do to my friends and family, that will pervade the rest of their lives, and ruin their sleep for a long long time. I would be dead, but couldn't stand the guilt of having caused SOMEONE ELSE so much pain... cause say what you will, no matter how alone anyone feels, there is ALWAYS someone who will feel their loss, especially self-inflicted loss of life.:sad:

I'm sorry you feel so horrible, malek, that you would encourage anyone, however subtlely, to kill themselves - partly I think because you no longer see it as an option for yourself, "stuck" with spouse and kids - I often feel stuck too, but I just keep on keepin' on, for my kids' sake.

I'm sure you've heard this before but it bears repeating: where there's life, there's hope - even if you can't see it or feel it. I believe that sincerely, even when I'm so down that I (think I) don't believe it - I DO believe it in my heart.:smile: Take courage. All is not lost. Please talk to us here, vent whenever you have need. We'll help hold you up and love you, even if (especially if) you don't love yourself.:smile:

love and hugs and hope,

least

10. smackh2o

smackh2o Well-Known Member

11. Acetaminophen

Acetaminophen Well-Known Member

sorry, we just can't tell . . .

although . . . ^^ nah!
    keep fighting . . . .

12. Hey malek, I agree :thumbup: with everything you have said, especially what you stated about whether suicide is selfish...it's as if they're telling us:

"Please stay here and continue to suffer in agony because your suicide would interrupt my happy life and it's too inconvenient for me to deal with my own pain if you die." Jerks !!!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  13. thinker

thinker Guest

ProzacDeathWish,

I'm one of the few here that can relate to what you and Malek are saying, but it's not realistic to expect that most people will, especially on a pro-life forum. You are on a different plane of self-awareness. You have to realize that the people you're wanting to accept the taking of your own life would probably become destablized themselves if they accepted it as an option. So yes requiring that you live is selfish of them in its own way, but on the other hand if you look at it, we're no better to expect them to destablize themselves for our own sake. So that we may be validated. It's agony vs. agony. Yet that acceptance and validation is almost universally the one thing you want before you die.

All are equal in the grand scheme of things...therein lies real understanding. Different people adapt to life in different ways, and each of those ways requires that some other people be invalidated, there is no fair way in which all will feel validated, identities will always clash. We are all jerks depending on what seat you're sitting in. I sit in many seats at the same time and that's why I can understand.

14. I hear you. Unfortunately the thing that probably puts me at odds with many ( but not all ) on this forum is my view of suicide. I consider the right to terminate one's own existence a civil liberty that no religious or civil institution has the right to interfere with.

Having said that, I do not have a cavalier or superficial view of suicide or the serious repercussions that will undoubtably follow such a tragic exit from life.

In my posts you will never see me counsel anyone to do something that even I consider to be repugnant. As I said, I consider suicide to be the most drastic option that a person could ever resort to.

There are many other aspects to this issue that are also important to consider ( Is this person a minor, has this person received counseling, are there medical issues that motivate them ?, etc )

Lastly, despite my long-winded pontification about the complexities of this very morbid subject, I can assure you that someday I will eventually go beyond theory and put my words into action. It isn't what I want...... but no one said life was fair.

15. thecleric

thecleric Guest

At the risk of having this thread put into the Soap Box, I'll jump in here.

I understand what you're getting at, but this seems silly. As a practical matter, it's hard to take away someone's ability to kill themselves. So the "civil rights" point is largely moot.

But religious and civil institutions (and any old individual) certainly have the right to argue against, and even condemn, suicide.

Here we're back in agreement. I could kill myself, and there wouldn't be much anyone could do about it. But I'd probably go to hell, like most suicides.

Unfortunately, I don't see that as a deterrent (though, logically, I should). I just accept it as another of my failings.

Agreed. All those geezers asking their doctors to support them in assisted suicide should either shut up, or exercize their Second Amendment right and buy a gun. When we die, we die alone, no matter how many people are in the room. So if you're going to kill yourself, be honest, and do it yourself.

Sigh--me too. Seems like there might be a few healthy people here (like peanut, whom I'm sure will jump in any minute :) who'll live to collect Social Security. But not people like us, eh PDW?

16. Yes, we could debate the moral, legal and theological intricacies of suicide until we both die of natural causes, but I've said what I want to say so I'll leave it that. Cheers

17. thinker

thinker Guest

Actually, I don't think it's silly, there are measures in place designed specifically to take away the ability and criminalize the act. On the other hand I realize that when viewed as a system and for purposes of collective survival, a civilization that rejects euthanasia may be stronger. There may be some merit in the argument that the "Thanatos factor" as some have written or the awareness of death may signal a decline in the overall strength of that civilization.

It makes more sense that things should be taken on a case-by-case basis.

I'll bet you a million hell-dollars that there's no such place.

Such harsh words. It's amazing how little compassion we can feel for other human beings...it's like we're trained to be that way. When my cat was put to sleep, they didn't shoot her to death. As far as being alone, if someone I had strong feelings for was going to die for whatever reason I would prefer to be there rather than not, even though it would be disturbing. Other people could not emotionally deal with that situation and may even feel the need to reject that person in their final hours and subject them to further guilt and abandonment. It's rare to have people who can support you in any way after they know you've made a decision not to live, most take it as a sign of abandonment on your part or a rejection of them personally. Which is what it comes down to- they reject the choice because of their fear of abandonment, or their desire to banish the truth of their own mortality from their awareness.

Makes sense to me anyway, in its own senseless way.

18. Dear thinker thank you for expounding further upon this issue in a compassionate way....I'm not sure if you are in agreement with my admittedly fatalistic view..but at least you didn't chastise me.

And cleric, I have never considered suicide to be a spectator sport. Jesus, of course I will die alone, it's a suicide!!! What did you expect me to do, invite my friends and family ? Why would I want someone to be there ....so they could watch a 45. caliber bullet go through one side of my head and out the other ?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  19. thecleric

thecleric Guest

Tee hee. OK, you're on. But it'll take you a looong time to earn it, cleaning out latrines at minimum-Hell-wage. :)

You misunderstood me. A suicide--any suicide, whether he's 15 or 90--needs to be able to face what they're doing fully, and alone. I'm agreeing with you all in this case. (Which makes it a bad night for me. Sorry, Peanut!)

20. thinker

thinker Guest

I figure it's a win-win bet. I know I'll never have to clean those fiery latrines, and there is no possible way you would have to pay.

I didn't misunderstand you, I'm simply challenging your belief that says you deserve to die alone. Personally, I know that is the way I will have to go because that is my personal circumstance, and I will face it. If I was going to go by gunshot, then of course I wouldn't want anyone there, but that's likely not going to be necessary. With less barbaric means, there are some people fortunate enough to have someone there in a situation where both parties want the other person to be there and it is a peaceful goodbye. Seems better for all parties involved than the alternatives, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.