Right Brain vs Left Brain

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Jenny, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

This is quite an interesting test. Do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

I see her turning clockwise.... one of my psychology lecturers can see her turning both ways! I can't seem to make her turn anti-clockwise no matter how hard i focus :confused:

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I can see her going both ways. :unsure:
  3. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

i see it anti clock wise, but if i scroll the page down and just look at the feet it changes to clockwise (even when i scroll up again)
  4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

i can just see clockwise
  5. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I can see her go both ways, but mostly clockwise.
  6. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I think mine was Right. :laugh:
  7. daripa85

daripa85 Member

I can see it go both ways, but it does tend to want to go clockwise. When I was young I would try to see which way my hand shadow would close, away from me or toward me.
  8. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

Both ways.

Here, try this and see if it works.

Close your mouth, cover your left nostril only, and take deep breaths through only your right nostril. Do this for about 5-10 seconds.

If it doesn't change direction, do the same thing except breathe through left nostril only.
  9. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Clockwise only, even doing this. Though if you were pulling my leg, congrats in worked... :tongue:

I'm also left-handed, I wonder if that makes a difference?
  10. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

11. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

i love this!!! i could only see it going clockwise, no matter how hard i tried i couldnt change it, then i covered the body and just watched the legs, i started seeing it go anti, then i was stuck on that only. but i think i got the hang of it now. can change it any way i want. cool brain training excersize.
  12. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

I can only see her going clockwise Jenny. :blink:
  13. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Yeah clockwise for me too. Even if i just look at the feet it still goes clockwise

:O holy crap i found out how to change it, just stare at it and squint your eyes as far as they can go. thats so wierd lol
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007
  14. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I saw her turning clockwise first, but if i concentrated I could also get her to go counter clockwise.
  15. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Initially, I saw it counter-clockwise.

But after I focused for a bit to make it go clockwise, I became unable to see it counter-clockwise at all (unless I, again, focused for quite sometime).

Now I'm staring at it to see if I can quickly convert my perception back-and-forth between the two. :laugh:

Edit: Hmm... if you picture her in your mind going one way or the other just before you return to the image, she typically goes the way you've pictured. :dunno:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007
  16. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Clockwise :blink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.