rip jacob

the_only_one

yesterday my 18 year old autistic cousin was hit by the car on the high way, this is the article in the paper, not much .

Kansas City police on Tuesday provided more details about the death Monday night of a mentally disabled man who was killed on Interstate 435 after he stepped out of a broken-down car.

A car struck the man about 7:10 p.m. in the southbound lanes of I-435 near Hawthorne Road. Police said a caregiver was taking the victim and two other mentally disabled men to a basketball event in Grandview when the caregiver’s 1995 Ford Taurus had engine trouble.

The caregiver coasted onto the east shoulder, which was only about three feet wide, leaving a large part of the Taurus jutting out into the lane of traffic. The situation caused a lot of anxiety among the passengers, police said.

The victim, who was in the rear right seat, “freaked out,” police said, and unbuckled his seatbelt. The caregiver reached around and grabbed his arm, but the victim pulled away and stepped out of the car.

The caregiver also got out of the car and chased the victim down the highway about 100 feet and grabbed his arm again. A southbound car hit the victim, knocking him over the edge of the bridge, police said. He fell about 30 feet.

The driver, who was with his wife, told police he didn’t see the man. He only saw the Taurus up ahead with its flashers on and he was preparing to move over to avoid that car when he struck the victim

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/01/2692129/details-emerge-about-i-435-accident.html#ixzz1FUwlSw9Y

Last edited by a moderator:

the_only_one

he is in a better place,
his mother was raped 3 times, had three kid because of it
they lived on the streets for 10 years his sister is now in a mental instutution.
i hope he is finally free instead of being locked in his body.

RIP

luka

hes in a better place, thank god for those people who continue to hlep people with disability, they are the unsung heroes of the world. and thank you for sharing this with us

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00