RIP Sherry

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by gentlelady, Mar 24, 2012.

1. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

The body of my friend Sherry, who was kidnapped and murdered Jan. 7, 2012 has finally been found. We can now lay her to rest. I wish I could say this terrible ordeal is over, but now we face the judicial system. So many mitigating factors. They estimate it will be at least 2013 before the trial even begins. If the death penalty is sought, by the time the appeals process is exhausted, it could be another 20 to 30 years.Somehow it doesn't seem right. The criminals have more rights than the victims. Sherry lost her life probably within minutes, which may have been a blessing. Where was her appeals process? Where was her offer of free room and board, medical care, college education etc.? Sherry loved life. She loved people. Where was her chance?

2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Sending so many comforting thoughts to you. What a horrible, horrible time. I am sorry.

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Gentlelady, I'm so very sorry for your loss. :hug: You're right that Sherry didn't deserve what she received and for her there was no option of an appeals process. It is always sad and tragic when a talented, vibrant, people- and life-loving person is taken from us - especially through violence. Hold onto the precious blessing of your memories of her and keep her alive there. Thinking of you and Sherry's other loved ones. :hug:

4. bigloozer

bigloozer Member

Dear Gentlelady, I am so very sorry for the loss of you friend.
    I also send my condolences to Sherry's family and other friends.
    My thoughts are with you

5. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Gentlelady - My condolences for your loss.

Our justice system infuriates me sometimes.

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. :hug: The system can really be messed up sometimes. I wish the world wasn't so screwed up and things like this didn't happen anymore. My thoughts are with you.

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so sorry, my friend...it is sometimes so difficult when one cannot find any of the fairness...wishing I could give you these hugs in person!

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

my condolences to you and your friends family Gentle...*hugs*
    I hope justice is served swiftly on those who did this..

9. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I'm so so sorry for your loss, but at least she can now be laid to rest peacefully. I.hope for all of you that it doesn't last 30 years. Many hugs to you.

10. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

thinking of you Gentle..:hug:

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words. The funeral and memorial services will be held Friday and I promised the family I would sing for them. I am really regretting this decision as I am not sure it is something I will be able to do. I am hating myself for not having the strength to admit to them that I cannot do her justice. I cannot distance myself enough to get through this. I wish it had been me. :(

12. suzy

suzy Well-Known Member

Gentlelady

You might not do it justice but i don't think that will matter much as you think....

i used to sing long ago when i was much younger.... i could say more.... but... i did not enjoy singing and performing before a crowd as it didnt make me happy
    [i had a hard time noticing if people even knew there was troubling portions of the songs... seems i helped my group compete just because i was the only adimated and smiling]

i am not sure people know what the difference is

but i do know that i would never want that you should change places with someone so harmed... as hard as you wish to switch i choose to wish the opposite as hard as i can in hopes you get my wish and no switching happens...

sending you hope and closeness...
    if your words are sung your message of love will be sent
    suzy

13. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Gentlelady

No regrets - I understand your thoughts - but have no regrets. Your presence alone will be comforting. Doing her justice is just being there and trying. Sometimes, at certain moments, inner strength appears out of nowhere. Your strength is evident. Don't worry about the what ifs, just being there for Sherry is enough, try to accept that. :hug: