Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by anasgirlx, Oct 14, 2010.

1. anasgirlx

anasgirlx Well-Known Member

Three years ago, my friend, Anthony, killed himself. He shot himself in the head in his truck, after scribbling out a suicide note to friends and family. We are not sure the reason why he did it.

On 9.9.09, my best friend, James, died of epilepsy. He had a seizure and fell down two flights of stairs, breaking his neck. The pain is still hard to bear. I've been in mourning for over a year, unable to get over it.

Loss is hard, I'm still not completely over it. But, I know that its nothing to try and kill myself over. I realize that now. It only took me three years..
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Ashley I'm so sorry for both your losses..*hugs*
    I'm glad though that you're not going to hurt yourself...
    grief takes as long as it takes to get through it..there is no set time frame..
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Ashley...we all grieve at our own pace and get through these traumas how we can...I wonder, when we lose someone so dear, do we ever 'get over' it? I feel I have 'adjusted' to the losses but still feel them each day...J
  4. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Im sorry for you loss, and glad that youve been able to have some peace within.
  5. anasgirlx

Its really hard to "get over it", you're right. You never truly do. You just learn to accept it. I'm still not over it, I cry ever day and its been a long time. Every little thing reminds me of them and it hurts.
  6. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Can you remember the good times you shared? Maybe write a good bye note for some closure. I do believe they can hear you, maybe pick a quiet place to have a conversation with them, tell them how much you love them, how much your going to miss them, how much of an impression that they made on your life.
  7. anasgirlx

I've written them both letters for some closure (suggested by my therapist) and it hasnt helped. I feel like its a waste of time..