risperdal experience

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by whale, Aug 10, 2009.

1. whale

whale Member

hi guys,
    Just wanted to see if anybody had bad or good experiences with Risperdal (generic). How long have you been taking it, dosage, what side effects and what were you prescribed it for?
    Thanks.

2. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

Dose was 1mg in the morning, 1mg at bed time. No side effects. Was given it to stop my auditory hallucinations.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Daughter takes 1mg at night it helps voices stay quiet at night she says it works. The only thing that happens to her it makes her heart speed up a bit thats all.

4. kurenai

kurenai Well-Known Member

I took 2mg one daily at bedtime for a month until I ran out, helped with the severe depression by making everything really numb! Numb is wayyy better than wanting to set yourself on fire... side effects: sometimes I would get confused when talking to people, like not knowing what I said or where I was.

5. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I took 1mg of Risperdol twice a day due to auditory hallucinations (ringing phones was the most common, although I occasionally heard people calling my name or people screaming.) I never really gave the medicine a fair shake, but it seemed to calm me down a lot while I was on it.

6. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

i used to take it. i paced the floor and was agitated for 7 hours everyday.

7. ShadedSoul

ShadedSoul Well-Known Member

I was prescribed risperdal for my visual hallucinations ( seeing dogs, bears, cats and human shadows) also for my autitory hallucinations (mostly people talking to me constantly). I am on 2mg of a morning and 2mg at night. I haven't had any negative side effects except I have noticed that when I am taking my risperdal my appetite increases. I was also on risperdal consta but that has since been changed due to weight gain.

8. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I had particularly horrendous experiences with this antipsychotic (brand name Risperidone in UK).

Don't want to freak you out if you are taking them, and it's more than likely my experiences were specific to me rather than directly or only caused by the drug, but if you want to know more I'd be happy to explain.

Tam

9. omphalos

omphalos Member

I cannot remember if I took 1 or 2 mgs. I used to take it at bedtime for sleep. But it made me so groggy in the mornings I could not take it anymore.

10. My_eyes_lie

My_eyes_lie Well-Known Member

.5mg at night. I took it for maybe a month and a 1/2. It was for my agitation. It didn't really help. I'm on other things now that control my depression and anxiety