• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Risperdal

undercoverlover

both dead and alive until somebody opens the box
Risperdal is a medication for schizophrenia, bipolar type 2, depression, and anxiety. I'm not schizophrenic, but I have bipolar type two, depression, and anxiety. My neurologist put me on this med. Is anyone else on it? I heard it's a pretty heavy duty drug, and I'm just a bit afraid of what will happen. I know he's the doctor and knows what he's doing, but I just want some input on the drug from someone who takes it.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
DEpends on the dose you are on for anxiety it will not be that high
I am to start .25mg of it as well for anxiety that is a very small dose so chances are the side effects will be nil.
You can get some heart racing feeling from it some sweating but i think that is with larger doses.
Let me know how it works for you okay
I too am struggling in whether or not to go on it
i should really as my doc says it does help with anxiety issues

herenow

you're pretty lucky you have a neurologist and not just a psychiatrist. Risperdol is ok but can make you gain lots of weight...didn't really help me

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
I am taking 3mg, so I'm on all these heavy hitters, and I still hear voices. I've been severely reduced on Geodon, to make it last longer, because I am nearly out. That is until I get my 90 day supply.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00