Ritalin for depression?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Neverhappyalwayssad, May 11, 2009.

1. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Anyone looked this up? I have a cousin who was recently prescribed ritalin along with her antidepressant and it has worked wonders for her. But I'm a little hesitant to just walk up to my psychatrist and ask for it to be prescribed along with my antidepressant. So I was just wondering if anyone knows of any studies I can print out. Google has tons but they usually deal with elderly and havent been able to find one that uses a stimulant alongside an antidepressant to treat depression

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I don't understand! I always though Ritalin was both for depression, ADD and other maladies for mostly the younger population. This is backed up by the "Wikipedia" information on Ritalin. Check that out to back up usage for several medical issues as well as for younger people.

It would seem it's more an issue as to your specific situation than age related.

Good luck. I don't see any harm using this info. and going to the PDOC and asking if they think it could help you.