Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I had two big panic attacks that made me suffer for 2 hours each...so my friend said that for hers she takes Rivotril...so I told my doc about it and the first thing he said was that those are highly addictive, and that if you take them for a long period of time (like for 10-20 years) you get memory loss....but knowing that I still wanted to try them...

when I got my second panic attack, I took two .5ml but it didn't seem to help because I suffered for 2 days (2 hours were the worse, but I had chest pains for a day or two)...so I thought they were crap...

later tonight I felt odd and negative, I didn't feel well at all, so I decided to take two again and watch a movie, well by the end of the movie, I felt calm...when I got up though I felt light headed, like floating and wobbly...almost as if I was drunk...but I did feel better though...the angst appears to be gone...

has anyone else taken this drug? what are you're experiences?
  2. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

hey there

ive been on a high does of these for the last 4 years , (rather bad idea) i can asure u they are highly addictive and memory loss has occured to me even tho is hasnt been that long , the light headedness wears off after a while of being on a daily dose. i dont recomend that u take them for long periods of time as they like most other anti anxitey meds tend to just not work and u need more and more of them , for me ive found that if i try and hold out on taking a dose i get cronic anxiety within a hour of missing one by this i mean shaking really bad sweating feeling like im gonna throw up and at times i have thrown up as well , they work wonders in the start but after some time they gernally stop working
    good luck but i recomend that u try more natural therapys to deal with aniexty if at all possible
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

thanks for replying...yes I do try alternative ways to calm my anxiety...meditation, hypnosis, affirmations, herbal tea like chamomile, valerianne(sorry don't know the english word) I try to go out for walks...play with my piggies etc...still I think that those big panic attacks happen because of alot of things resurfacing and I'm waking up more from the daze fog of depression...I plan to take rivotril only when I really need it..which will be not often...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.