Road trip and still thinking negatively

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mpk, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I am on a long trip. Now in Houston yet the drive allowed all the negative thoughts to still remain. I am still worried about whether I will survive this temporary glitch in my life, unemployment and stressful living. I will not go back home for a couple of weeks as I am going to Ohio. I know when the time to back home comes I will wish I didn't have to so I could avoid my life that is extremely tough right now.

2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Sorry to hear you couldn't leave your troubles at home for awhile. A break from the worry would've given you a break. Maybe the change of scenery will do you some good though. Hope it all goes well with the family get together although I know you are dreading it. Take care Mpk.
    Brian

3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

Could you take a day trip and see some fun stuff? Try to distract yourself and make the best of this trip?

4. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thanks Brian you are always helpful. I am trying to relax yet for some reason the depression is still heavy feeling. It is tough to let it go when you feel like you failed at life because others seem happy and content. I know this is not rational and is based on perceptions yet it is still painful

Brian777 likes this.
  5. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Phantom lady thanks for your help. I guess I am still tired as we drove straight through from New Mexico which was 16 hours. It did not help that I couldn't sleep in car so the feelings still festered. I am going to try and go to the gulf coast

6. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

You've not failed my friend, you've just had some rough breaks and you suffer from depression, not something you asked for. Hang in there my friend, you'll make it through this.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

*hugs* hope you are doing a little better now. keep us updated my friend :)

8. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone. It is a struggle everyday yet it has to be done

Brian777 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.