Robin Williams and suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GA_lost, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Once again I am seeing the effects of suicide on the people around the person committing suicide. People who know his work are shocked and saddened by Robin Williams suicide. For myself it is important for me to remember this. I have stockpiled two different types of medication that could be used for more than one suicide attempt. One of these meds would probably have a high success rate. I probably will not do it any time soon because my mother who is 91 is still alive. Once she is gone or else if I become seriously impaired the means is there for me to end it all.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I can't get into detail, but, don't count on the pills. Personal experience(s). It's a painfully slow way to go...not as easy as you guys think.

Mr. Williams was a creatively talented person. Dedicated a poster to him at the think it's let it out forum under the title only the good. Funny how so many other actors/athletes/ personalities pass yet there is always one that hits decades of fans. Sadly though because of the life they lived or because of the way they went?
  3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I found that most news features on the story suggest that at the moment it was only an "apparent" suicide - cause of death was still under investigation. So while it is possible - I'm not reading too much into it until it is confirmed.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Have sent you a message hun. :hug:
  5. redrobin62

redrobin62 Active Member

When I was growing up, and people learned my first name, they used to say, "Boys aren't named Robin." I would reply, "Oh yeah? What do you call Robin Williams?" This usually shut them up. In a way, Robin was my backup when the ignorant folks came by. I will truly miss him now. R.I.P., Robin.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Just had to add that the site founder of this website is Robin (a guy) so I guess it can't be that uncommon. :)
  7. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I'm sure even Batman's sidekick is Robin (and also a guy) - albeit a fictional version. (Justice League comics? )

I happen to know another guy called Robin too. But now I've had confirmation, yes... he took his own life... in a fairly similar way to my uncle (who did his back in January).. So the less I read about it the better (personally, I was in a bad place when news of my uncle's death at 47 came through - and while I'm more stabilised, I don't want to fall backwards... )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.