Robin Williams Dies of Suspected Suicide

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by whybother?, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

Sad news, just a few moments a go my facebook was spammed by news of the fantastic actor Robin Williams is dead! :(

My heart goes out to his friends and family

2. raincloud

raincloud Well-Known Member

Yes, terrible news. He was such a talented guy and seemed like a good person. It's sad when someone loses a battle like that.

3. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sad yes very sad been battling with depression they said for awhile now hope the family his children will get supports they need to help them

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Bloody hell that came out of nowhere :(

6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Very sad. A comic genius with more energy than a classroom full of kindergarten kids on a sugar high! We have lots of wonderful films and tv show episodes to remember. RIP Robin Williams. Condolences to his family and dear ones.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes... that did come out of no-where. Stunned. Such a talented man, he must have been suffering. R.I.P :(

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

One of my fav actors. Was a low blow. As it hit home too closely for me.

9. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

Easily one of the greatest entertainers in history. So many greats films of his grew up with and still watch today. absolutely gutted

Nanu nanu Robin Williams

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  10. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Such a great entertainer, but suffered so much sadness. RIP Robin.

11. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

It's always the type of person you least expect. RIP.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I was shocked when I heard this. He was so talented! It seems like some of the funniest people are also the saddest.

13. Newguy12

Newguy12 Member

The world will be a darker place without him. He was a wonderful person and it is unfortunate that he had to be cursed with depression. RIP Robin, you will be missed.

14. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

A very very big loss to so many, deepest condolences to his family, devastated Robin Williams laughter, character and humour were an anchor in my childhood where there was no laughter, an amazing man and sincere soul . RIP you will be forever missed xx

15. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Filled my child hood with joy with films like hook, Aladdin, mrs doubt fire. Then when I grew up good will hunting still one of my favourite films, tragic RIP :( x

16. WiltedRose

WiltedRose Member

I really wanted to be the first person to create a thread dedicated to Robin Williams' death, but I was so depressed after hearing this I went into a bad episode myself. Started playing "Abraham, Martin and John" and shedding tears for a man that gave so much, but couldn't take his inner pain anymore. :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

I just want to say a few things:

It's really sad that such a wonderful man was hunted by so much pain and suffering. He made the rest of the world so happy and gave so much HOPE, and yet his inner experience was so dark and gloomy that he couldn't heal his own pain.

I'm really irritated with how a lot of people are tiptoeing around the whole Depression issue with him. "Apparent" suicide? C'mon now, we all know that he did it. I guess ignorant people think that suicide victims are dark and broody on the outside, snapping at people or just hiding in a corner. While the majority of us chronically and severely depressed people WANT TO hide in that corner and just die, we all have to survive and live for the sake of our families, friends and spiritual beliefs, so we can't let it show the majority of the time. Like me for example: People think I'm the sweetest, nicest person with the brightest personality because of my kindness - little do they know the daily pain and dark thoughts that have haunted me since childhood.

Hopefully with this tragedy, Depression will become more "publicized" as an ACTUAL DISEASE rather than a minor "get over it" problem. I hate to think that something like this would bring it to the media light, but if it does, then at least a little "good" will come out of this horrible, tragic occurence.

I would also like to say that I believe that right now Robin Williams is now on a quest of healing in the AfterLife (like his movie "What Dreams May Come"). Having given so much joy, happiness and being such a kind person in his life, rather then condemning him, God will help him and he will eventually feel that bliss that we lose at childhood, and will now feel it for Eternity. :angel:

17. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

Yeah i shed a tear when i first found out about his death :( poured myself a shot of JD in his memory!

Yeah the only reason i named the thread ''Suspected suicide'' because it wasn't 100% confirmed it was suicide it could of been an accident :( I suffer from suicidal thoughts and self harm and i hope through this tragic death something good can come from this, Maybe suicide and the stigma attached to it can be brought into the media and people struggling through dark times can get help

18. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

My favorite Robin Williams characters are his roles in Good Will Hunting, Jumanji, Awakenings, Insomnia, as the stalker in One Hour Photo, wow. How sad. I thought of him as a rare kind of comedian, because he was also strongly adept at dramatic acting and serious roles that most comedians have been unable to succeed at as well as he. A sad loss.

19. 3.141592654

3.141592654 Well-Known Member

I am not really sure why this hit me so much when I am not even that much of a fan. Maybe it's because it's a reminder that, no matter how objectively successful we are, this terrible affliction will always stay with us. :(

20. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

My favorite Robin Williams role is 'Patch Adams', a doctor who tried to bring humor into the lives of children suffering severe illness. Nanu Nanu Robin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.