Rock bottom

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Raider, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Raider

Raider New Member

Im an alcoholic. My actions made me lose my closest friends, my family hates me, and ill probably lose my job based on my actions this weekend. Gaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

I hate my life, its a neverending cycle of this shit. Wake up, feel depressed,drink away the pain, make an arse of my self, black out, rinse and repeat. Im a loser and even though we all have opportunity to start fresh i wish we could travel back in time

Thanks for reading
  2. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

you are not a loser.. you are a person.. and people make mistakes. you sound like you realize you made a mistake because you are realizing the consequences of your drinking.. you also have admitted you are an alcoholic. next step is seeking help... this is not something you cannot fix .. this is something that you can emerge stronger from.. i know it feels like your life has ended right now.. you are losing everything, etc..

truth is.. your family may come around and forgive you once they see you truly trying and starting to recover from this..
    you can get another job after you get your alcoholism under control.. and its prob best you dont have a job til then only cuz u dont need the added stress
    if your friends are leaving you because of your mistakes and are unwilling to forgive you than i dont necessarily know if they were worth being around and relying on as the supports you will need during this time anyway.. time to make new friends, ones you can trust to be there for you

traveling back in time is just not possible.. so all we can do is learn and grow from our mistakes and apologize to the ones we hurt and make amends where we can...

you are not the only one to make this mistake nor are you any worse than any of the others ...

please keep talking and venting here.. let the people here be your support til you can find people in your life to be your supports as well.. you will need that as you go through this.. recovery is hard, but you can do it if you really want to
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You have an ILLNESS alcoholism is an illness and with treatment and hard work you can get some stability back in your life Do not be so hard on you ok and the people that judge you have no right to do so they are not in your shoes take the first step ok get help get a treatment plan set up for you You deserve compassion and care hugs
  4. Raider

Raider New Member

Thank you both for your kind words. I was teetering over the edge and your words helped me a lot. Thank you for your support
  5. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

just glad i could help.. hope you will continue on your journey to recovery... and continue to talk to us!

take care *hugs*