rock bottom

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by KeelanM1994, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeelanM1994

KeelanM1994 New Member

I really don't know what to do anymore.. I'm 21 failed at school parents broke up when I was really young and my "dad" never bothered much with me but has plenty of time for my brother and sister. Then my mum got engaged to a different person and he's been better than a dad to me and theyve been together for 15 years but there going ending it on bad terms mum can't afford to pay her mortgage and I'm battling a drink and drug addiction for the last 4 or 5 years and I've tried to kill myself before with <Mod Edit:Methods> but I was rushed into hospital and the last 6 months I've taught about doing it again but with my mum and step dad breaking up I don't think I can handle that.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
  2. ToLaughAgainSomeDay

ToLaughAgainSomeDay SF Supporter

Hey Keelan and welcome to SF. You've come to a good place to vent your frustrations and find other people who can understand your struggles. I haven't had the parental issues you have, but I do know what it's like to struggle with school, drugs, and alcohol. I'm 24 and attended 6 different colleges, and I have yet to earn a degree. I was on painkillers from the time I was 16 until my early 20s. It's a tough road to go down and I can understand how defeated you feel. Have you considered a rehab clinic for your addictions? Or have you spoken with a doctor about any of these issues at all?

Regardless, you can always come here for support. We care and we want you to get through your problems in one piece.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Keelan and welcome to sf.

I have edited your post as suicide methods are not allowed here.

I am really sorry for what you are going through, it's a dark place. If you ever need to talk just PM me or anyone here, there is always someone that will listen. Is it possible to get yourself a therapist? Are you still using the drugs/alcohol?

4. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

i'm 25 haven't got my bachelor's yet. i used to drink a lot but i quit alcohol about a year ago (actually because of psych meds) and i seem to be doing fine without it. i do drink a lot of coffee and sometimes soda though. so quitting is possible if you have an incentive (mine was my parents not allowing alcohol in the house/being hospitalized for 5 months). i think coffee is a much better vice than alcohol ... anyway, i just wanted to show that change is possible. good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.