Rolo </3

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by JBird, Feb 16, 2009.

1. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

To those who know, we've decided to put Rolo down tomorrow. I'm not going to be there, i was determined to hold her and be the last thing she see's because she sleeps but my foster parents and my best friend has told that if i'm there, whenever i remember Rolo i'll see her as a dead cat whereas as, if i don't go i'll see her as the lively little shit that she was.
    In the last few days she's detiriated very quickly, quicker than i'd hoped. Yesterday she didn't eat a lot and spent most the day asleep. Today she's literally spent all day on my bed and hasn't gotten up to eat or go to the toilet. Her breathing is quite horrific, you can hear and see her breathing, its very unsettling. The life has gone from her eyes, she wants to go.

To those that don't know, my cat (9 year old calicos) is horribly ill, my foster parents say its basically lung cancer, the vet just can't say that because she hasn't done the test. She, along with my other cat, is my world, they're pretty much the only 'real' family i have around me so as you can probably imagine i'm slightly devastated.

But yer i just want to say that if i'm really really bitter and snappy with anyone over the next few days i'm so so so sorry...i really am. I would go on leave from SF but i'll need help, as stupid as it sounds. If you read any of my latest threads about Rolo you will see just how attatched i am but yer, a lot of people have reached out to help Rolo try and get the operation we couldn't afford and i want to thank you all so much for that!

I'm making this thread now because i can...i won't have the strength tomorrow, in all honestly i predict a massive a fall so yer...if i can i'll let you know when its done and whats going to happen with her.

2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I'm so sorry babe. I know that this has to be one of the hardest decisions you've ever had to make and i admire you for doing so. It's the right thing for her. I don't know what to say really but i wanna let you know that i'm here and if you need anything, anything at all then you know where i am.

Luff yew x

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.

Make this evening amazing and beautiful for you both. Give yourself memories to treasure forever.

I would also say that you need to do whatever you feel you need to when it comes to being with her, or not. Both are ok, it's ok to be with her, and it's ok to not be with her, but if you do something that is not what you really want, then you may regret it later.

I was with my bun when he was PTS, and it was so peaceful, and so lovely. I held him in my arms, and he quietly slipped away. I don't remember him as that, I remember him as the lively, horny bunny that he was, and when I do think of his death, it makes me feel peaceful that he went in such a perfect way.

Having said that, I have also not been there when buns have passed, and I also felt that that was right in those circumstances because I knew it was going to be a horrific death (my mum held her until the end).

So do what YOU feel is right for you, and for her.

I'll be thinking about you and Rolo tomorrow. I'm a PM away if you need a chat or anything.

x

4. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

I'm sorry :( I will be thinking of you tomorrow :hug:

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Beak :sad:
    Have a hug from mum :hug:

6. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

jbird

nobody could have loved that cat more.,. she has had an amazing life with you and the last gift of love you can give her is to let her not suffer anymore. you are doing the right thing for her even tho it will kill you inside. that act of selflessness is what loving an animal is about. i have also been where you are many times.. and what has helped me has been to remind me that the cat was adored and i am giving it the final gift of peace in suffering.

its commendable and a horrible thing to face. look after you.... and v sorry :(

sam x

7. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

You're doing the right thing hun, it's not nice to watch her suffer.

You'll be in my thoughts.

:hug: xx

8. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

your doing the right thing, give her a hug and a kiss when she's leaving and tell her you love her, she knows its for her best interests huni :hug:

we're here

9. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey. . i'm so sorry for you. . i've had to make this same decision. it is agonizing. it hurts like hell. but it shows how self-LESS your love is. . .

i'll be thinking of you - and pm if you want to talk. i know what you're going through and there are many of us - here for you :hug:

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry beaks :hug:

11. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear! Thinking of you. :hug:

12. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and her today and I hope her passing is peaceful.

x

13. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I just wondered how you are?

14. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

i'm ok thank you Scum.

15. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Im around if you need me :hug: