Roman Polanski can go to hell

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by twc, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twc

twc Well-Known Member

If I hear another person, celebrity, or news idiot defending this child-rapist, I'm going to lose it.

He can rot in jail.

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Oh jeeze, I heard about it some years ago but thought it was merely statutory. He's digusting, I hope he dies injail.
  3. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

It's a shame. He had such a brilliant mind but also a very disturbing one. Apparently there's an MJ-like complex among people that consider his talent to be somewhat compensating of his crime. Were he any other person he'd unanimously be considered a criminal; as far as I'm concerned he should be treated as such.
  4. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Shit, he directed the The Pianist and rosemarys baby? ..

Someones defending him? Do you by chance have links, I'd curious as to how anyone can rationalise or defend his actions. What is their argument? That it was 30 years ago?
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Michael Jackson has not been convicted, it's not a fair comparison at all.

Roman Polanski is a convicted (non-statutory) child rapist.
  6. twc

twc Well-Known Member

7. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

20 year minimum sentence

and im feeling generous today
  8. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

The whole thing just makes me f*cking sick.

When I first heard about it I 'admittedly' did the whole "well but hang on a second, did the girl lie about her age and it was consensual?", but upon reading what she has said about it (how she refused and he sodomised her, performed oral on her and she kept on saying no, but was fed champagne and quaaludes and he even knew the girl was underage because she was working for him on a photoshoot and he had spoken to her mother) I am DISGUSTED.

And I'm disgusted with all the support he is getting. What the hell?

Please don't anybody compare this to Michael Jackson though, the man was never convicted and never admitted to anything. Unlike Roman Polanski who ADMITS doing it and still has support!!!!
  9. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Thanks to all for responding.

I just got into an internet fight (yeah, dumb) on another message board about this. The other guy even agreed that Polanski should go to jail but he really didn't care much one way or the other. I lost it and unloaded on him.

Now I just feel bad.

Have you seen the list of directors who signed the "Free Polanski" petition? It is disgusting. I want to ask them if they would like their own 13-yr-old relatives to be assaulted. Idiots.

There are some things that push my button, and this is doing it.

:rant: :crash: :rant:
  10. Zurkhardo

What I'm saying is that, convicted or not, people were willing to overlook any wrongdoing MJ would or could have done because of his status and talent. Most celebrities across the board have such an edge in public perception.
  11. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm willing to overlook tabloid speculation, personally.

No comparison.
  12. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Finally. Is he in the US, yet? I heard he wanted to appeal being turned over.

I hope he gets raped every day in jail and when he starts getting apathetic from it, someone mashes his head to the wall until he is just a lump of dead meat.

Anyone who defends him should be killed, as well. At least those who know it wasn't statuatory, but real rape. Those who defend him while knowing that should get tortured, as well.

All his movies should be wiped from history. Who agrees with me?
  13. Zurkhardo

I'm not talking about tabloid speculation. Even people that thought he was guilty didn't care because of their love of his music. It's the same with Polanski. People either gloss over any possibility that the hero they know and love is flawed or they act as if their talent and accomplishment compensates for their sins. Already there is a petition of directors signing for Polanski's release.
  14. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I agree Romney, you shouldn't overlook a persons wrongdoing just because they are popular and famous for whatever reason.

Did anybody glaze over Doctor Harold Shipmans crimes? He was a Doctor and prior to all his murders, I'm sure he saved people also. So effectively he did more good than Michael Jackson or Polanski ever could from simply 'entertaining' us.
    But everybody was happy to see him strung up. So why shouldn't it be the same with celebrities? We definitely do need to forget the good they have done and remember they are just people, like everybody else.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
  15. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Polanski is still in Switzerland at the moment, fighting extradition. But his goose is cooked. The prosecutor who said earlier that there was reasons to throw out the case, now says he was lying. In other words, no escape.

But the rest of those Hollywood creeps who defended him will have to answer for themselves.

16. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Fame and fortune will get you everywhere, even into Heaven or Hell. I hope he rots in Hell for the Hell he created. But I guess if enough people forget the bad and rant about the talent, the fame and fortune, even God and Satan's ear can be bent. As well as the judicial system. He was found guilty and now is running scared because even he knows fame and fortune dont carry much weight in prison. The higher up the ladder you stand the better a bitch you make!!!! Fuck him up good boys!!!
  17. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'm not defending him or his actions. If anyone's been around long enough they will know that I started a thread awhile back about torturing sex offenders. I was quite upset about many things at the time but I still have great anger toward any sex offender...HOWEVER...

There is evidence to support claims regarding improper conduct by the judge in his case. Yesterday, a couple of hard-line prosecutors backed up some of what has been said. I think that some of the improper conduct will be made public again very soon. There is a documentary listed, along with the name of the judge and prosecutor under "criminal history" on the wikipedia site.

He should probably have a new trial.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009
  18. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

Personally, I reckon anyone who commits that sort of crime against kids should be shot.

I also think anyone who disagrees with that merits being watched.
  19. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I don't think that anyone can defend what he did, but I also don't think he deserves any jail time either. The trial judge acted improperly to say the least but the victim has also come out to say that Polanski should be free. The main point is that the judge illegaly arragned a plea deal and then recanted after Polanski pleaded guilty and was going to sentence him for more jail time then he and is lawyers agreed upon, I don't blame the man for running. Polanski deserves to be a free man.
  20. twc

twc Well-Known Member

1) There is no legal evidence that the trial judge acted improperly. He's dead, so we can't ask him, but the prosecutor who said in the documentary that the trial judge was improper, yesterday recanted his story. In other words, Polanski has got nada on the judge.

2) The victim says that he shouldn't serve time. That's nice, and the civil case settlement for an undisclosed sum probably helped that. But she's not the plaintiff, the State of California is, and the State decides that. Polanski pled guilty, there is no need for a new trial, just sentencing.

3) Plea deals can be, and are, broken all the time by judges, because they are not legally binding. They are just a verbal agreement between legal steps.

4) I do blame him for running. He drugged and raped a little girl, pled guilty, and ran away. No, he should not be a free man.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.