• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Rome did not burn overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Am so tired of the constant fighting. It is always something. I am having flashbacks of seeing Rome burn in our history books. That crisp page after page snapping apart when flipping pages in school as the books themselves were not looked over that much over years of the book being owned by many young masters. Shows only few cared to remember lessons of history themselves. It is a damn shame. And Rome didnt burn overnight. Nero is living amongst us. Hes only now a fragile old man playing with his fiddle after barely holding up a cup of water toasting his legion. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is the beginning of the end. Its up to all of us to carry over the good out of this. Yes I am being so general that it can apply to anything right now its everything.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Very true. The Republic became the Empire and fast forward 400 years and the people were selling themselves to avoid being sacked by: Huns, Goths, Vandals and most everybody else.

Am so tired of the constant fighting. It is always something. I am having flashbacks of seeing Rome burn in our history books. That crisp page after page snapping apart when flipping pages in school as the books themselves were not looked over that much over years of the book being owned by many young masters. Shows only few cared to remember lessons of history themselves. It is a damn shame. And Rome didnt burn overnight. Nero is living amongst us. Hes only now a fragile old man playing with his fiddle after barely holding up a cup of water toasting his legion. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is the beginning of the end. Its up to all of us to carry over the good out of this. Yes I am being so general that it can apply to anything right now its everything.
There've been times when *ahem* "current events" have saddened me, or angered me, or both. Often passionately so. But this is the first time they've ever made me legitimately afraid of what is to come.

It's when you really realize that certain public figures are not the cause of the chaotic times we live in (no matter how much focus we put on them) but another symptom, one that makes you wonder if maybe it's too late for things to ever get better.

You don't get to where we are now without the entire system having been very sick for a very long time.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
It's when you really realize that certain public figures are not the cause of the chaotic times we live in (no matter how much focus we put on them)
It's that same old card trick that's been played globally throughout the decades, playing on people's fears and anger, manipulating them into thinking placing so called "strong arm leaders" into public office is the solution.

Wrong people for the rough times.

Ixtab

It’s been going as long as there have been people. Eventually we’ll be too educated and connected with each other to be corralled any further. The elites are on borrowed time that’s why they dig in. Watch the movie planet of the humans if you are ready for real depression.

But yea before Rome was Babylon and the Chinese empires, it’s happened many times. History and the human experience is cyclical but it seems unique to each generation until you hit a certain age and maturity.

Then again some never watch the wizard of oz never realize the behind the curtain aspect of life, but that won’t last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00