Roommate Problems

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by BipolarGirl (Deathplease), Jun 16, 2016.

1. So recently my roommate told me that she was going to move in with someone else very suddenly. It was very unexpected and we were even looking at better apartments to move into together all of which requires a year lease. So when she told me it was a punch in the gut for me. It hurt and still hurts. Today she went out looking at new apartments with the person she is moving in with and I want to SH because of that. I know it won't help anything but it is how I have coped with strong emotions for a long time.

I don't want to feel this way anymore. But every time she mentions moving or the problems she is running into to find a n apartment I feel like she is hitting me in the gut again.

I have talked to her about how hurt I am about her moving in with someone else but she doesn't seem to understand my perspective and why I would be hurt about it and still hurt. I do understand why she wants to not live with me anymore (it is because I am not as neat and organized as her) but part of it is that I didn't understand just how bothered she was by my messiness. I thought it was just something that while it bothered her it also is part of living with someone else - there are just some quirks that need to be gotten over to have a harmonious relationship with the person you are living with no matter who you live with. There are some things about her that bother me too but I ignore because they are not going to change.

I feel like I shouldn't be this upset every time she mentions moving or apartment hunting or that stuff and it is not that she is rubbing my face in the fact that she can't live with me she just mentions that she is going to be gone tonight and why and stuff like that so I can't just ask her to stop talking about it because she isn't all the time at all.

I wish I didn't hurt this much still (it has been about a month since she said she was moving). Why can't I just get over it?
  2. MyCatWillMissMe

MyCatWillMissMe Well-Known Member

I can somewhat relate here. My roommates are actually leaving in 2 days. They are breaking the lease and I don't have the credit to take over the lease and acquire new roommates so I am completely fucked. I have to be out by June 30th and I have no where to go except my car. My roommates are 1 male 1 female. I really thought the guy was my friend and was just a nice nerdy gamer guy like me; then they started screwing each other and she took over the place and became a psycho bitch and he just goes along with it since I guess he was surprised a girl was willing to be with him.

I don't know why we get abandoned by people who we thought were our friends. The lesson I've learned is to never give a shit about your roommates because they will always leave if the grass looks greener elsewhere. I thought I had a friend but instead I now have one more person in my life that I resent. I hope your living situation works out better for you than it has for me.