Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by UFgators50, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UFgators50

UFgators50 Member

I'm living with 3 roomates, I knew 2 of them prior to living together. Yesterday I had an arguement with them, they wouldnt get out of my face, I pushed one of them, he says I swung on him. He puts me in a chokehold(hes a lot bigger than me and I would never swing on him unless I was insanely pissed off) and tells me never to "swing on him" again. I leave to get dinner, pick up food, and come back. I open my door and its off the hinges. I realize the only way to not have a blowup is to leave. My roomates were laughing hysterically at this. I walk out the door and get back in my car. I drove, found an empty parking lot and ate there, then sat in the car for about an hour just thinking about all the shit.

I came back, walked in my room and see all kinds of shit in my room. Pretty much a bunch of pranks that included my bathroom door being off the hinges as well. I just found out today they took my tv remote and my apartment key. This isnt the first time stuff like this has happened. I'm just tired of putting up with this crap, especially when I really care about school so I can transfer into a good school next year. I'm going to try to see if I can switch apartments somewhere in the same complex but I'm not too hopeful.

Cliff notes: roommates are jackasses and I really want to find a new apartment.
  2. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

My roommate's pretty damn respectful, I can't complain to be honest.

Have you tried sitting down with them and ask them for respect? They're messing with you to have fun, not to offend you personally, keep that in mind. Tell them the truth, that it really bugs you and that it makes you feel like shit.
  3. UFgators50

UFgators50 Member

I've pretty much told them to stop, asked them to stop and its still happened. I've got no problem with some harmless funny once in a while, but having to sleep on a bare mattress with a blanket because they sprayed fire extinguisher on my bed. Of course they also sprayed stuff on each other, too bad none of it was in their rooms. I almost punched the one I can beat up in the face last night when he said that if I asked them to stop they would. He also says that I said it was okay to mess with my room. Of course I meant pour a ton of salt on my floor, take the door off the hinges, and spray a fire extinguisher on my bed.(sarcasm last sentence)
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Hope you can find a new place. Sounds like that's what you need.
  5. 643921

643921 Active Member

It seems that finding a new place would be so much easier, doesn't sound like they would listen to anything you say if they are being that much of a git. A new place with peace and quiet sounds what is needed :)
  6. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Take a shit in two of the room mates draws plus your own and let the forth take the agro
  7. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

The people advising you to find a new place are probably people who run away from their problems rather than facing them. Confront your roommates and get the respect you deserve.
  8. winter

winter Well-Known Member

Wow. Your roommates are immature. You have more important things to do than to deal with them! If they still cannot respect you after confrontation, good luck on finding a new place.
  9. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

This is why I will never have roommate(s) when I go off to college. I would definetly be looking for a new place to live because those people sound like total assholes.
  10. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Retaliate. Go into their room and wrap every single thing they own in layers and layers of saran wrap. Actually, I would just piss on all their shit and then deny it later. Urine is a renewable resource.

Gators? Go 'Noles!!!
  11. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Maybe people who run away from their problems run away from them because they've had really bad experiences when they "faced their problems" in the past.

When you have enough unpleasant experiences, it will eventually result in avoidance. At some point, you just get tired of unpleasant consequences just for the sake of being able to say "I faced my problems".

I see this in my own life. When I was younger, I didn't run away from things as much. I pretty much banged my head against every wall. Now, I see something unpleasant headed my way, I just don't want to deal with it anymore. I've got a million things on my mind and I don't need any more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.