Rough day

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by KnightFalls, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightFalls

KnightFalls Well-Known Member

Had a rough day today. Seems I am the problem and don't know what to do about it.

But I did have a good session with a new therapist.

2. KnightFalls

Sorry. That was rather cryptic. I came to the realization that my problem with my supervisor is because of my illness. And, on top of already feeling betrayed and down, I had to tell her I was seeing a therapist and psychiatrist because I needed to know if she would be open to some flex time.

I am feeling so raw and exposed.

3. Lost and tired

Lost and tired Well-Known Member

Good to hear that therapy looks like its helping.

How did it go talking to your supervisor? Were they understanding at work?

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hiya KnightFalls,

It's understandable to feel so raw and exposed. Being mentally ill feels so close and so personal, it's often very difficult to let anybody else know, and when you do, it makes you feel like complete and utter crap. But it's understandable and it's okay, the feeling won't last for long and it's normal to feel that way after opening up. I am glad your session with the therapist went well, here's to more good sessions and starting the road to recovery :hug:

5. KnightFalls

With as good as I felt the other day I fell just the opposite today. After my day yesterday I am catastrophizing big time. It was really hard hearing that the issues that I thought were because I have a boss I don't get along with so well were actually more my issue than hers. My thoughts are so paranoid and twisted all the time. Also difficult in having to tell my supervisor, the one I just reported to HR, that I am seeing a therapist and psychiatrist, that should be no one else's business but my own. But because I need to potentially use the option of flex time I had to tell someone, I am beating the hell out of myself for having to tell. And I am bearing myself up for having opened my mouth the HR to start out with.

Not having such a good day.

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

:hug: I hope your day picks up, or you have a better day tomorrow. Thinking of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.