Routines

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Axiom, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Im kinda curious. Im at the stage now where I'm more, accepting to the idea of routines in my life. Im noticing sometimes how hectic the environment around me is and how forgetful I am. I'm boiling alot of this down to a lack of placement, or basic "knowing" of where things are, when they have to get done, how they have to get done. Right now I know what has to be done,ish. I just kinda do it eventually. Pots pile up, dirty picks up, cds fall behind the tv, clothes pile up.. This sort of environment is chaotic because for me I am starting to know that this is part of the reason why I am having trouble starting a strong foundation and keeping up with it. My own personal lifestyle is unstable. It basically lacks discipline.

So, I was wondering, if the people who have routines in their lives, whom have mastered the basic structure of them so they don't dominate but actually benifit your lives.. I was wondering if you could share some of your thoughts on how you accepted a routine. I mean, what made/makes you care about doing this one thing constantly, or these many things constantly. Is it the end result? Do you crave the satisfaction of how it ends/produces? Or do you enjoy the repetitive experience, using it to day dream or hone specific thoughts/skills? Or anything else??

Doesn't matter to me what it is, just has to be something that's everyday and benifits you, if you don't mind :)

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I enjoy mine. Being a houswife and mother of two little children does throw chaos in the mix, but everything is still pretty predictable. I have found that everything in ths life is done in one simple process. It starts with a thought or desire. Then it moves onto an act. after that it becomes a habit or in this case a routine. and then after that it becomes your life, and who you are. Both bad and good qualities are made this way in each person. To accept it is to allow it to happen. You can also reverse things in your life this way as well. But some things you cannot shake alone, and others you can. It is when we forget that we have the freedom and control of our will is when things start to look hopeless. Blessings..
    And my life benifets me, because it is peaceful, and busy. :p

3. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Hmm.. I suppose from the thought and desire and then to the act, I have a problem with completion. And even in that, once the act is done, its the next time, remembering the thought/desire to motivate me to do the act, and from that, finding the motivation to perform that act as good as I did the first day. Cause sometimes I find the second time round ill start to rush it, or hate that Im having to do this again.

I suppose that means I feel that I am not using my time wisely, so when I do basic routines, that anger me because those are the only things I am doing. And I suppose the problem with completion might stem from wanting to be doing something else, instead of holding onto that thought and desire(as you put it). I do find that my mind is constantly running, and Ill be doing something and totally not be thinking about it, Ill just be doing it, while in my head im thinking about something else. Perhaps I need to learn to focus on tasks at hand. Spose that connects to using time wisely aswell.

Hmm.. it becomes your life? .. I don't think I've ever thought about that. I kinda always feel like, eventually whatever I bring in, it's going to go away, it's going to fade. Like a dog, eventually he/she will die. Eventually I will grow old............. Hmm.. I suppose it would be better to accept it into your life completely, and enjoy it at it's fullest, and deal with the loss as it comes about.

Though that sounds like a very scary generalized concept. I suppose on that, it's all about being able to make your the choices that are right for you in the situations life brings.

.. lol sorry for the rammel.. Im basically talking in my head. Thanks for the reply I really appriciate it :)

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

No problem Blake. I find that you are a thinker like I am, and expect answers for your questions. This is a great thing. I question everything. Continue your journey, and [i would have said good luck at one time] but I do not believe in luck so I will say I will keep you in my prayers instead. Not meaning it is a condescending way at all. Blessings..

5. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

No, I totally understand that, and appricate it. I wish you all the best too in your journey :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.