Ruined my life through drug abuse, now i want out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always suffered from bouts of depression and weird thoughts as a youth, yet despite warnings from a few of my friends i decided to dabble in drugs (pot, cocaine, but mainly ecstasy)

A bad experience while on ecstasy left me with panic disorder and since then i've developed claustrophobia and agoraphobia. I can't walk 100 yards without my heart pounding and rushing back home. I have tension headaches 24 7. No medication has helped at all.

What other options are open to me except ending it all? No one understands, even my doctor. I just want it all to go away

SoHappyItHurts

I have tension headaches 24 7. No medication has helped at all.
Tension headaches can be temporarily relieved sometimes with hot water baths. My brother, who had anxiety, would use a bath mat that jets out hot water to feel some relief from his tension headaches.

I would also think that anti-anxiety medications (seeing a psychiatrist rather than a general doctor), therapy, and exercise would be helpful in making you feel better and having less headaches.

Regarding agoraphobia, the best thing is trying to go out more a little each day. Again, therapy is usually necessary for effective treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00