Run out of time and interest

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by krk, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krk

krk New Member

57yo; out of work and money; motivation down to zero. The things I once did and enjoyed mean nothing for me anymore. Like music, reading, fishing, movies, etc... I've been alone and celibate for over a decade, and I miss companionship-yet, strangely, don't really care. It seems all such a bother. I'll be homeless in 2 days. Wait! No I won't! I guess I might check back here in a few hours after an administrator activates my account. Probably not. Were I younger, I might embrace the streets. But in this climate, there is nothing but the certainty of more misery and an indifferent society. Unfortunately, I'm not criminally inclined. Else, I could commit a crime and go live in a jail.

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Have you considered becoming a volunteer to help some needy cause? It might give you back some life meaning, and it would help others (people, animals, etc.). I know that when I donate photography coverage to the Special Olympics, the reward of seeing the determination of those children is inspiring. You might consider trying this.

3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

All I can really say is I can 100% relate to your lack of motivation. I feel the exact same way about my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.