1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Run out of time and interest

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by krk, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krk

krk New Member

57yo; out of work and money; motivation down to zero. The things I once did and enjoyed mean nothing for me anymore. Like music, reading, fishing, movies, etc... I've been alone and celibate for over a decade, and I miss companionship-yet, strangely, don't really care. It seems all such a bother. I'll be homeless in 2 days. Wait! No I won't! I guess I might check back here in a few hours after an administrator activates my account. Probably not. Were I younger, I might embrace the streets. But in this climate, there is nothing but the certainty of more misery and an indifferent society. Unfortunately, I'm not criminally inclined. Else, I could commit a crime and go live in a jail.

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Have you considered becoming a volunteer to help some needy cause? It might give you back some life meaning, and it would help others (people, animals, etc.). I know that when I donate photography coverage to the Special Olympics, the reward of seeing the determination of those children is inspiring. You might consider trying this.

3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

All I can really say is I can 100% relate to your lack of motivation. I feel the exact same way about my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.