Runaway? or suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my exam today and couldnt perform well..so i m gonna fail.My dad had a dream that after i pass i should get into navy.Now evrything is messd up.My future is blank and my soul is dead.I dnt have no more tears to cry...its all dried up now.Now i m confused....should i suicide? or should i runaway frm my house? i m scared to die and i think that i may do better in life if i live alone sumwhere...away frm all.i m confused. help me.

mike25

First off, you don't know how well you've done until you get the exam result. Worst case scenario is you fail the exam. Big deal. Loads of people fail exams every day. You can re-take. It's not the end of the world. Academia call it 'deferred success'.

Your dream doesn't have to match your Dads dream. Often, parents push their offspring in to fulfilling goals they themselves wished they'd achieved. Or just what they think is best for their kids. They think they're being good parents by directing, but they should really just give their children loving support in pursuing their own route in this (already confusing) life.

Please, don't suicide. I can empathise with your situation because I've experienced similar myself. You're a young person, don't be so hard on yourself. Give yourself a break. Is there a good teacher you can confide in? A good teachers has seen every kind of situation before, and can offer sound advice and help.

As far as education goes, just do your best - that's all you can do! You can't do anymore than that.

All the best. mike25

S

Saoirse

I had my exam today and couldnt perform well..so i m gonna fail.My dad had a dream that after i pass i should get into navy.Now evrything is messd up.My future is blank and my soul is dead.I dnt have no more tears to cry...its all dried up now.Now i m confused....should i suicide? or should i runaway frm my house? i m scared to die and i think that i may do better in life if i live alone sumwhere...away frm all.i m confused. help me.
Ok, first thign I get from your post is "My DAD HAD A DREAM that after I pass I should get into the Navy". Your dads dreams doesn't dictate what your career is. Never midn what your DAD'S dream is, what's YOUR dream? How do you want to live YOUR life?

This is YOUR life, YOU have to live. So live it how YOU want to. In whatever career YOU want to.

I always wanted a different career path than what my parents wanted but instead I did what they said and spent over two years at it. I hated it so my advice to you is to follow your heart. Get a job/career that you're interested in. If your heart isn't in the job it will only make you miserable.

Don't worry about test results, you can retake them on a full time or part time basis. Tests are not the be all and end all. Do what you feel is right with your career path in YOUR life, not your dads.

Ok, first thign I get from your post is "My DAD HAD A DREAM that after I pass I should get into the Navy". Your dads dreams doesn't dictate what your career is. Never midn what your DAD'S dream is, what's YOUR dream? How do you want to live YOUR life?

This is YOUR life, YOU have to live. So live it how YOU want to. In whatever career YOU want to.

I always wanted a different career path than what my parents wanted but instead I did what they said and spent over two years at it. I hated it so my advice to you is to follow your heart. Get a job/career that you're interested in. If your heart isn't in the job it will only make you miserable.

Don't worry about test results, you can retake them on a full time or part time basis. Tests are not the be all and end all. Do what you feel is right with your career path in YOUR life, not your dads.
That was what I was gunna get at too, but Barry ruined it all!!! :dry: just kidding. :wink:

Think about the above highlighted text^^

I'm always here if you need to talk. But please don't end your life because your father thinks he has a chance to be in the army without even going, with you. But, you have your life and he has his. please think about the above. :)

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
hun. you can retake your exam. Have you actually tried talking to one or both of your parents? Exam time is stressful (they should remember that..I do) and sweetheart they are your parents not the devil. I know it might seem that the world will end if you dont do well at school, but honestly they will want you to be happy not sitting there thinking you have no way out. Please try and let one of them know how stressed out you are getting.

L

***LEA***

I totally and absolutely agree with Saoirse and Carolyn, 100%. As a parent myself I have dreams for my kids futures, of course I do. I would never dream of them giving up their own dreams to follow mine though. When it all comes down to it, it's your life, do what you want with it, Thats what I tell my kids.
So what if you fail your exam? Of course it would be great to pass it first time but, if you dont Mike25 is right, just take it again.
Goodluck babe
Lea :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00