Running away?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by astella, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astella

astella Well-Known Member

First some background: I was starting to feel worse and worse, so I posted here and some other places a year or so ago, but it didn't help (probably made it worse, if anything). So after a while I started talking to some of my friends about it. Now they dislike me and the one friend who I really relied on for support won't even talk to me anymore, told me she doesn't want to be friends, and "gossips" with other people I know about me (well, two of them do, actually. The other one said I was an awful person, lies to me, and does much more gossiping, but still hasn't said they don't want to be my friend anymore. Though that will probably happen soon enough I guess.) I was already past what I could handle, but now I don't even have the one person I thought really cared about me anymore. I just can't deal with that in the first place, much less that and everything else.

So here's the dilemma. I don't know how to kill myself without the risk of suffering or being injured without dying. Instead, I think my best option is to "run away". Any reasons I should or should not do this?

And I don't need people to attempt to comfort me. It makes me feel worse when people pretend to care when they don't, so please don't.

2. byebyebeautiful

byebyebeautiful Account Closed

I ran away, and for me, it did help. I was able to see things clearer etc. But it is dangerous, have you any other friends, or family you could go to? Not in your area obviously, as that would mean still seeing and hearing from people who have hurt you.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Running away is not an option!! There are predators out there who thrive on vulnerable youths. My parents kicked me out when I was seventeen so I took off hitchhiking across country. It seemed like every gay guy around picked me up and tried to have there way. I always carried a big hunting knife with me and would pull it out and make them pull over. My last time hitchhiking from Texas To Florida I got to Jacksonville and had a truck driver going by the other direction stick a pistol out the window and took two shots at me. That ended my hitchhiking days. Now adays there is no telling who will pick you up, never the less the transients who live on the streets in everytown. I finally joined the Marines because I had no where else to go. That was the proudest time of my life because they helped me grow up quick. Take care!!~Joseph~

4. Panos

Panos Well-Known Member

i get run away feelings all the time. i am actually going to leave my country to make a new start. i know the problems will not be solved as i leave them behind. A new start with new problems ofcourse but at least now i will try to deal with them 1 by 1 at a time

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Astella,

welcome to sf

You would be endangering your life by running away. Please don't do that. Instead stay where you are and get the help you need.
    Have you seen a doctor or a therapist about your depression? :hug:
    If not,you should consider it!

6. astella

Hi sweetheart, I've actually been at SF for a year now, but during that time I decided to go to one of my closest friends for help since I really thought that person cared about me. Now they've abandoned me completely and told me they never want me to talk to them again.

I'm thinking about going to see someone, but I think I'm going to end up going to a subway and jumping in front of the train since I don't want to risk surviving (as I'm aware might be the case for other things).

7. Petal

Hi Astella, Welcome back to sf :hug:

Is there any way you could go away and maybe stay with a relative for a while?
    It might do you some good and help you relax :)
    Please don't think suicide is a solution,it's not. You can be happy again hun.
    we are here to help you :arms:

8. astella

Nope, I'm a high school student (junior year), and there are no relatives I could live with. I've thought about it a lot (almost every day for a few years) and I'm pretty sure this is what I want to do. Thanks for trying to help though. =)

9. Petal

Think about it hun..do you want to die? or do you want to be happy?

I'd say its happy you want to be, if so..please see if you can see a therapist or a doctor about this. Don't worry,they hear it everyday. Is there a counselor at your school you could speak to? :hug:

10. astella

I'd say die.

11. Xian

Xian Well-Known Member

you're still too young but when you get older, running away is 1000 times more effective than any fucking doctor believe me...

12. astella

Wouldn't it be harder to do that if you have a career?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.