Running out of time

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by down under, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. down under

down under Member

Getting harder and harder to hang on. Feeling anxious, unsettled and have more frequent thoughts of just relaxing and letting go. pushed my best friend and outlet away by feeling I was bringing him down with all my negativity.So I just stopped talking and shut down.

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I think that some people have a hard time hearing that someone is suicidal, but I think that other people want to talk about what is really going on with someone, even if it is something painful.

so maybe you can reconnect with your friend?

If you didn't explain why you shut down, he might think he did something wrong and blame himself

maybe you could just ask him if he feels like you are bringing him down by telling him about how you feel.

are you doing anything for treatment?

3. down under

down under Member

He knows how I am feeling and he is still supportive, Its more me feeling guilty of always being so negative around him. So lately I have been withdrawing. My GP wants me to see someone, but I have such a hard time talking about it. I dont think It would do much good If I cant open up and talk

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I hope you'll at least give talking to someone a try...might help and you can always stop if you're not comfortable
    has gp suggested any other help..meds? or something

5. LoveBeing

LoveBeing Well-Known Member

Dear one,

What is a best friend for? Surely you’d love your best friend to trust you and feel the deepest connection with you by sharing such important matter in life? I feel your best friend would be more likely honoured if you talk to him about this. In any event, what could be the worst thing to happen if you do tell him? Maybe you can also tell him that you have been withdrawing from him as you did not want to bring him down…

On the other hand, I’m not sure what kind of expectations you may have by talking to your best friend about this. It may be helpful to just share everything as best friends do. This way, your best friend would appreciate the kind of trust you have in him while not feel pressured or anything; and you may feel a kind of comfort or support and not alone in all this…

Also, you know it is okay to allow yourself to be human and not try so hard to hide your feelings from the people around you…

The other thing is to realize that there is always only “this moment”. The future will be experienced as “this moment” when it comes. In each of “this moment”, there is only the situation to be dealt with or simply accepted as is…

Lots of love and sincerely wish you well!

6. down under

down under Member

Thanks to all of you for the supportive posts. Its nice to be surrounded by caring people !!!!!!!

7. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

i dont know what to say but i wanted to leave you a hug :hug: xx

8. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

:)

if you would like to, you could practice by talking to us!

9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

good suggestion May

10. down under

down under Member

Thankyou, I will try !!!!!!!

11. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:hug:

12. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

:) thank you!