Rushed cat to ER

Movieaddict

Was brushing and massive knots on belly. Where her hair is longest. Brushed and she meowed loudly. You guessed it. Skin ripped. Got just typing this gives me so much anxiety and guilt. Took to ER. VET said very minor and superficial. Surgical glue and $95 and 45 minutes. But I feel like complete TRASH. It just kills me that I accidentally hurt her. I was having full on panic attack sin my car waiting. Because no one is allowed into building. Drop pet at door and wait. I’m kind of hyperventilating now. Don’t even know if I can sleep well tonight. Cat sleeping now. But it’s hard for her to lie down. She circles and circles and then finally finds a spot to get up and circle and circle. Ugh ...*blue

You meant no harm. I'm sure she realizes that as well.

It's common for cats and dogs to get fatty cysts on them, and they can be difficult to detect (especially if they have thick or long fur).

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Was brushing and massive knots on belly. Where her hair is longest. Brushed and she meowed loudly. You guessed it. Skin ripped. Got just typing this gives me so much anxiety and guilt. Took to ER. VET said very minor and superficial. Surgical glue and $95 and 45 minutes. But I feel like complete TRASH. It just kills me that I accidentally hurt her. I was having full on panic attack sin my car waiting. Because no one is allowed into building. Drop pet at door and wait. I’m kind of hyperventilating now. Don’t even know if I can sleep well tonight. Cat sleeping now. But it’s hard for her to lie down. She circles and circles and then finally finds a spot to get up and circle and circle. Ugh ...*blue
Awww, you were only trying to help her and she knows that. Shes already starting to heal @Movieaddict . I understand because my part maincoon gets his hair knottedup real bad and then swats and hisses at the brush.

I hope you're not bearing yourself up. Hugs to you and your precious fur baby 😻💖

Movieaddict

Awww, you were only trying to help her and she knows that. Shes already starting to heal @Movieaddict . I understand because my part maincoon gets his hair knottedup real bad and then swats and hisses at the brush.

I hope you're not bearing yourself up. Hugs to you and your precious fur baby 😻💖
Do you use a short brush. I do. I figured a long brush would be too much torture. But now her belly is off limits for a while and of course, the hair is matting.

Im considering taking her in to a vet and having her entire belly shaved.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Just take comfort in the fact that She is LUCKY To have YOU--as many are not that caring, or concerning for their animals welfare, nor well-being. There's many or most out there who would not have done what you had done, once you'd discovered what had happened (certainly the emergency route!). We here, tend to be more on the higher side of the "Caring-Scale," of all of those out there, I have found. So, you should feel proud of yourself for springing into such action as to have gotten her the treatment she needs, and the care required. Especially in such immediate fashion! I'd listen, too - or also - as to what the Vet said. If they said it wasn't a big deal, then that is all you need to know. . . There's, 'Crimes & Misdemeanors,' (no pun intended) in the veterinarian medicine world; & they can very well tell, or differentiate the difference (in) between the two, rather easily & effortlessly. They see things (also) from a more "Scientific," point of view; than we (the owners) sometimes do! :) ...this is "Good," though--by the way! ;)

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Do you use a short brush. I do. I figured a long brush would be too much torture. But now her belly is off limits for a while and of course, the hair is matting.

Im considering taking her in to a vet and having her entire belly shaved.
I get my cat shaved about 2x per year at the vet. I've given up trying to brush him, he hates it. He's about 15 years old and even growls under sedation while at the vet when they shave him. I feel badbut it. Helps him with his grooming and keeps fleas manageable along with advantage.

He did have one fatty cyst that they shaved around. It eventually burst and pinkish blood came out.

Movieaddict

Just take comfort in the fact that She is LUCKY To have YOU--as many are not that caring, or concerning for their animals welfare, nor well-being. There's many or most out there who would not have done what you had done, once you'd discovered what had happened (certainly the emergency route!). We here, tend to be more on the higher side of the "Caring-Scale," of all of those out there, I have found. So, you should feel proud of yourself for springing into such action as to have gotten her the treatment she needs, and the care required. Especially in such immediate fashion! I'd listen, too - or also - as to what the Vet said. If they said it wasn't a big deal, then that is all you need to know. . . There's, 'Crimes & Misdemeanors,' (no pun intended) in the veterinarian medicine world; & they can very well tell, or differentiate the difference (in) between the two, rather easily & effortlessly. They see things (also) from a more "Scientific," point of view; than we (the owners) sometimes do! :) ...this is "Good," though--by the way! ;)
lol @crimes and misdemeanors. Thank you!

Movieaddict

I get my cat shaved about 2x per year at the vet. I've given up trying to brush him, he hates it. He's about 15 years old and even growls under sedation while at the vet when they shave him. I feel badbut it. Helps him with his grooming and keeps fleas manageable along with advantage.

He did have one fatty cyst that they shaved around. It eventually burst and pinkish blood came out.
Was at pet store and saw detangler spray. That might be an option. The cashier said corn starch also helps. Until Covid is passed, I can’t be inside with my cat and I don’t want that again. So, I might try these OTC remedies once shes healed.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00