Rx abuse

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by litehouse, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. litehouse

litehouse Member

I was treated a year ago because of abuse of benzos. I was taking them just to get rid of the withdrawls and I took so much and I don't want to believe that I did it. I was taking them because I couldn't cope with some things that I experienced, and I just couldn't stop taking them. The doctor wouldn't let me get off of them immediately because of the withdrawl symptoms, I had to do it in stages.

Hopefully I will get to know some people here better and understand this a little more.

2. Long2beFree

Long2beFree Member

hello Lighthouse,

Im glad to see youre doing fine.

Its well known these kinds of drugs give the most withdrawl and known to be impossible to get off alone even in early stages.

Many people dont end up like you, im sure ur a strong person even if you dont believe or know it youreself

If you need someone to talk to about anything or feel like making old mistakes
    come here first.

feel free to pm me if i dont respond back in 24u

Drugs destroy lives, but you fought and conquered now youre reward is life itself

Never forget where youve been what uve done and how hard it is to do,that strenght,will help u along the way

I wish you much happiness and joy for many years to come
  3. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Benzos are very addictive - mainly as they make you feel good and reduce nervousness and anxiety.

Good for a short term fix perhaps - like if you have panic attacks - but daily use - I imagine I would get into a habit with these things. I would save them up and use them for - well, drug abuse if I am entirely honest!

So I will not ask for them.

Good luck getting off them - its not that hard to be honest - I know people who munched these things like smarties - felt bad for a week coming off - its mostly in the mind I guess.

Keep busy doing other stuff - reduce gradually.

Best of luck!
  4. Sailor_Saturn

Sailor_Saturn Active Member

I really hate benzodiazepines for this reason. Ativan fucked my life up because of that, but I quit completely and rewarded myself by watching a movie at the end of each week if I never took any. I am rid of the addiction now, thank god.
  5. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for me, while I can pull thru the feeling sluggish and like shit part, I actually get asthma problems from benzo withdrawals. That makes it really tough for me to 'skip a dose' every once in awhile to keep the tolerance to the stuff down. I don't take that much but I like to keep it effective and its lost a lot of its effectiveness is used to have.
  6. Sailor_Saturn

Sailor_Saturn Active Member

I usually take things like Ativan to help me sleep because over the counter sleeping pills and medicatins like Zopiclone make me sick or don't work at all, like Trazodone. :argh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.