s/h as a coping mechanism

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by flower123, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flower123

flower123 Member

well ive been told to get a kit together that i can carry round with me anywhere - so that i can clean myself up etc.....i need s/h atm so that i can cope with life - i constantly have thoughts of killing myself but this keeps me ok....in a strange way...
    just wondered if anyone has had experience of this?
    flower123 xx
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I haven't but I think the kit idea is advisable and being careful about where you cut and how deep.
    There's a massive stigma attached to self harming as we all know but sometimes it's the one thing stopping us from taking that step too far.
    Have you got any help for it or talked to anybody about it?
  3. deferred dream

deferred dream Well-Known Member

I've only self harmed twice, but both were times I would have killed myself otherwise, and both times gave me this moment of brilliant clarity. Self harm leaves ugly scars on my body but it left clarity in my mind. I hope I won't have to do it too many more times in my life. At least I was a LOT smarter about how I did it the second time, less scars and it healed MUCH faster.
  4. flower123

flower123 Member

thanks for the replies - i have told my mental health worker and that is the only person in the professional area that is helping me at the moment and knows about it. i apparently need to get hold of PALS - so that they can advise me on my treatment as i have basically been left for a long time now (4 months) without any help......i dont want to contact PALS but my treatment is non existent.
    i still feel the need at the moment to kill myself even though i self harm although i aint self harmed for a few days which could be the reason.
    how is everyone?
  5. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

hey hun

sorry for the slow reply, hope ur ok, and are still cut free :hug: Contacting PALS might be a good idea, so u can get the support you deserve :) hope ur ok hun :)

tc Maddy x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.