S/M tendencies and contentment

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by truthhurts, Apr 11, 2012.

Which of these options applies the most to you?

1. I consider myself masochistic, and i'm okay with it/like it.

6 vote(s)
  2. I consider myself sadistic, and i'm okay with it/like it.

0 vote(s)
  3. I consider myself masochistic, but i'd like to change.

2 vote(s)
  4. I consider myself sadistic, but i'd like to change.

0 vote(s)
  5. I consider myself both masochistic and sadistic, and i'm okay with it/like it.

6 vote(s)
  6. I consider myself both masochistic and sadistic, but i'd like to change.

1 vote(s)
  7. I don't consider myself neither masochistic nor sadistic.

3 vote(s)
  8. Im not sure/ i don't kno what these terms mean.

1 vote(s)
  1. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

So, i'm not exactly sure how many people here can relate to this, but i thought i'd post this anyway. Any comments about your choise are welcome as well.
  2. SilentScream

SilentScream Well-Known Member

You already probably know this about me, but I would like to share it with the other readers etc.

I consider myself myself masochistic and I am okay with it..
    Yes, well.. in the very beginning I did not really know what it was and I actually thougth that it was 'normal'.
    Later on I discovered that it wasn't really as normal as it seemed to be, to me.

When I was around 7 - 8, I remember that I already had weird fantasies, about living like someone's pet et cetra.
    I always was a submissive a-like kid.

When I grew older I became to the realisation, that it was actually kinda freaky and creepy, maybe even disguisting.
    And I did disguist myself a lot when I came to that certain realisation, when I discovered more about sexual contents.

But alright..

I will talk about my acceptation, now.
    Well, first I went to several libraries, in order to search information about this all; about the eventual reason for why I am 'diffrent'.
    I found quite some information, which i considered as useful.
    I discovered and realized that I am not the only one who is 'like this' ..
    And, that it is not that very disguisting.
    It is just who I am, and I will have to deal with it..
    And that is what I did and I am still doing...
    I accept who and what I am..
    And I somehow; even like it in a way..
  3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I do both... I tend to fall more on the S side than the M side... but regardless I am ok with it. It might be weird... but... you know lots of things in life are weird. Coming to terms with those sides of you is always difficult.
  4. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

I tend to find it easier to talk to women after they have hurt me, but that may just be part of my whole low self esteem issue. It does feel nice though, freeing.
  5. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

I'm a submissive (and sometimes masochistic) switch. It doesn't quite fall in your categories, but I felt it was related.
    I am happy if my partner is emotionally dominant.
    Physically I am happy either way, but I need to be doing what they want, even if that is inflicting pain.
    I don't want to be in emotional control, I guess.

I've not really ever had a distinct issue with it, because it isn't a fetish for me-- it isn't necessary for my satisfaction.
    Like Haikeru I have always had these dreams of being someone's pet, their toy... more of an object than a person. Doing what I'm told to make them happy, while receiving little direct satisfaction myself. -shrug-

It follows logically from the rest of my personality, where I am always trying to do whatever I think will make other people happy.
    In that sense, it is starting to give me issue-- I'm starting to realise I need to get what I want as well.
    But I still like what I feel my place is.

Sorry if that is confusing, it makes sense in my head... >.>