SAD and cutting urges

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by psycho8, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psycho8

psycho8 Well-Known Member

I haven't cut in months. It's really weird I just kinda stopped getting urges I think near the end of Febuary, and I hadn't been cutting for long. I thought I'd sort of just got over it. I still had teh blade I'd been using in my room and everything I just didn't get urges. I still like punch my leg if I'm angry but the cutting stopped.

But last week I suddenly got an urge and I was really confused, as i hadn't had one in so long and I'd felt so much less depressed.

Then I remembered something I'd seen about SAD (seasonal affective disorder) which apparently affects about 1 in 20 people and I wondered if I might have it, because I realised that all the times when I've been most depressed it's been around winter time.

:mellow:

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

it could def. be sad related, to be sure. have you talked to your doctor about this? there are special lights you can set up in the winter so that you get more sunlight. i haven't tried them but i've heard from people that they work.

3. psycho8

psycho8 Well-Known Member

No, I haven't. I've never really talked to a doctor. There is like our GP but I don't really think I'd feel comfortable talking to him. Although I don't really feel comfortable talking to anyone about how I feel. I just tend to keep everything to myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.