sad and numb at the moment

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Sep 10, 2013.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

my guinea pig kyo has turned up for the worse so tomorrow at 2pm I am having him euthanized :(

He's 5 and half years old and his body is just shutting down and he's in a lot of pain...so I am praying that either he passes peacefully through the night or that he has as minimal pain as possible until I get him to the vet...

I've never had to do that before so it is really hard...I am rather numb at the moment...not sure of what to do...I had him on me for like 3 hours and he didn't pee, poop, eat or drink...I tried to get him to eat but he won't...everytime he moves he squeaks in pain...it just breaks my heart...

I had to borrow some money from a friend...but she had asked for a friend of hers to lend her the money and that she would give it to him back...but he said that he didn't know me and all that for a guinea pig, no thank you...I understand that he could have said sorry I don't have the money but to add that it's just a guinea pig, just made me angry...I will remember this next time I see him...

I have one guinea pig left who's in perfect health and 6 1/2 years old...older than kyo but he's well...after he dies I won't have anymore pets...

2. nothing.1

nothing.1 Member

I'm so sorry :( I have a pet to and I understand how you feel when you see your little baby in pain, it breaks my heart too. Just know that when he passes, he will not be in pain anymore he will be in a better place. I know it's hard it's one of the worst things to go through but you have to be strong for your kyo. There is no way you can replace a pet so he will always be in your heart no matter what, I'm so sorry for what you are going through :( stay strong <3

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

oh dear morning rush. I am so very deeply sorry this is happening to your beloved guinea pig. Pets are family members. Plain and clear. They occupy such an important place in the heart. Perhaps he is not suffering greatly right now :hug:

I have lost 2 cats. I knew I was not a good candidate to have more pets. the pain of the loss is too much for me. So I do understand. My heart goes out to you during this time. Kyo is in my thoughts. As are you. Again, I am so very deeply sorry :hug:

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun what an ignorant thing for him to say hugs toyou

5. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

thanks, I'm just scared and sad...I've never had to do that before so I don't know how I will react...I want to be there and hold him as he passes...I don't want him to feel alone, unloved and scared...

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

When they put my old dog down, I held her and one minute she was here and the next gone.
    It was peaceful and painless.
    I love guinea pigs so my heart is with you.

7. nothing.1

nothing.1 Member

He won't feel alone, he has you by his side. He will feel so loved and not alone because you are an amazing pet owner.

8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I agree with what nothing.1 wrote.

How are you doing? I have been thinking of Kyo and you. :hug: