Sad boy says hello =|

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by AirN, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AirN

AirN New Member

Not sure how to start off this..

Hi I'm Aaron; 19 years old, and living in Michigan. Out of high school, but not working. I found this site on my 'every few days I become horrendously depressed and think if life is worth it' binge. After an hour of browsing it made me remember how big the world actually is, and I'm not as alone as I thought.

I've hoped for a long time I would find a person or even people to open my inner thoughts to. My depression that started when I was 12 makes me unmotivated to do anything, and gets worse everyday. Not being able to communicate with my friends and family, locking my thoughts in my mind; never saying more than I have to in responses pains me everyday. I want to be someone completely different than myself, but how can I change when I cannot even ask someone for help?

I'll leave it at that for now, I don't want to have people reading a novel of my own thoughts. :\

Greetings to everyone again; I am grateful to those who have read this, and cannot wait to divulge my thoughts with those who wish to talk.
  2. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF, Aaron!! :hug:
  3. funktionsleiche

funktionsleiche Staff Alumni

Hello Aaron!
    Be Welcome!

We will read us ;)
  4. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

hellooo :hiya: welcome!
  5. thegrey

thegrey Member

I can't imagine 7 years of depression. You're strong. Mine started just recently xD
    Hope to talk to you soon :)
  6. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome AirN!! Have you ever seen a counselor or medical doctor about your depression? Counseling has been a big help for me and my shrink has me on antidepressants which help a lot.

THis is the right place to come to share your feelings. You will find a lot of support and encouragement here. We are a lot like you, with feelings we can't deal with and problems that feel too big to handle by ourselves. Come back often to vent your feelings and make friends!:hug:
  7. AirN

AirN New Member

Thanks for the welcoming everyone. Yes, I did try a psychiatrist for a month back when I was 14. It didn't help too much. I've tried talking to my dad about medication back then, but he thought I just needed to work it out. If anything I should be put on it in my honest opinion (Severe ADD mixed with depression is a brutal double whammy)

But how can I go about talking to him with it? After that psychiatrist I've only shown a few times of a depression-like mood to him. (Skipping school at least once/twice a week, never doing my homework, staying up to the point of 30 hrs average before sleeping half a day for the last year since I haven't been in school.) To tell him all this now, he might think I'm just lying and wanting an excuse to do stuff.

Time's like this I really hate my super shyness. :sad:
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :welcome:
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum aaron. A psychiatrist and therapist do different things. You may try to find a therapist as well. At 18 you do not need your father's permission to seek medical attention. Of course it can be difficult if you depend on him for financial support. Maybe try to sit down and discuss things with him. Let him know how you really feel and that you have been masking the depression and feel you can't get on top of it without some help. I hope you get things worked out. :hug:
  10. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum sir
  11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to the site :hug:
  12. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Welcome to SF hun! I am glad you have decided to join us in this fight :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.