Sad Day ***trigger***

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Starlite, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Today is the anniversary of the death of my brother. I know it has been 9 years ago. He died a sudden death by a car accident. I had received the call at 6 a.m. and that is one phone call I will remember for the rest of my life! I never had any closure because his casket was closed. His poor body was thrown from the vehicle and messed up pretty badly for us to open it. So I feel like because I didn't get to see him, somehow it never was the end for me. No matter how many years have passed by, it seems like it just happened. I miss him so much! RIP dear brother

2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

hey hun
    im so sorry about your brother
    my pm box is open any time u need someone :hug:
  3. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Thanks Sam, I really appreciate your offer, and you never know when i may use your pm box. Mine is open to you as well. :hug:
  4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

:hug: I don't there's much I can say to ease your pain but I felt like dropping in to send you a few hugs. It's gonna be a tough day for you but you'll make it through, if you wanna chat anytime my PM inbox is open also, we're here for ya. :hug:
  5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Thank you resistance! :hug: back to you .
  6. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your brother. Must be a tough day. My heart goes out to you. Take care.:hug::sad:
  7. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Hi snowraven, Yes it is a tough day, but it's almost over. I think about him often, but this particular day is the toughest for me. :hug:
  8. :hug: :hug: Starlite
  9. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

:hug: back to you ..thank you
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hi karren,

im sorry to hear of your loss :mad: it must be very difficult for you..

..sending you hugs...:hug:
  11. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

That's sad :hug: for you.
  12. ilovewoodchuck

ilovewoodchuck Active Member

I'm so sorry Star. Not having that visual closure must have been extremely difficult. Before my mother's viewing, during her viewing, and right before the burial, I got to lay my head on my mother's chest, hug her, and tell her how much I love her and missed her so. Although touching a corpse may seem a bit ghoulish to some, it was so therapeutic to me. The mortician that prettied up my mother did such a wonderful job. She looked beautiful & peaceful, with make up that looked natural. He covered up the ligations on her neck, and the incisions made during the autopsy. If someone didn't know how she died, they wouldn't know from looking at her.
    I know this is a painful time for you, and you can PM me anytime as well
  13. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

Standing with you at this time and may he rest in peace. I hope you will find the grace to continue until the next time you see him in eternity after this brief stay on earth.