1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad Day

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by trevorlawrence, Feb 25, 2010.

1. trevorlawrence

trevorlawrence New Member

I walk my dog + 6 others 3 times a day and in the morning I go past an old lady's ( no apology for calling her a lady ) house, she is an old character and without fail every morning comes out for a natter and to see the dogs who all love her ( she always has biscuits for them )

She was a dispatch rider during WWII and with my interest in bikes we always got on well ( even took her out on the back for her 90th birthday ) She had a few stories to tell about her antics during the war - bit of a girl she was, her husband died in a Japanese POW camp and never re-married.

Well on Tuesday she wasn't there, car was in the drive - did I mention she was 94, still driving and tending an impeccable garden. Anyway I found it really strange so went to check she was all right and found her in her chair TV on BBC with a tea on the table and a digestive in the other, she had passed away peacefully on the chair.

I could not say anything until it was confirmed that she had died naturally but got the phone call today.

94 is not a bad innings and to go like that must be everyone's idea of an end.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sorry about the loss of your friend...and yes, that is a ripe old age...big hugs, J

3. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

Oh wow... She must have had a wonderful life :hug: I love listening to war tales. At least she died in peace and in comfort of her own home. thinking of you x