Sad Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Godsdrummer

But we will get thru it.

Welcome to Friday everyone.

Damn....bad news just keeps breaking. First Farrah Fawcett, then Michael Jackson, and now this morning, there was a terrible traffic accident on a highway not to far from my home.

I am a drum and bugle corps alum, and as many of you know I have posted about that before. Well a drum corps called The Glassmen, were involved in a major accident this morning, the recovery is still going on. At least 2 if not 3 tour buses and their equipment semi tractor trailer involved. At least one of the buses was on it's side.

There could be upwards of 100 or more kids injured.

Damn!!

Helluva way to start a Friday! lol

So, let's all take a deep cleansing breath, and be thankful for what we have, and if you are religious, please pray for the families and souls of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson, and for the families and victims of this morning's terrible accident.

Bambi

Thanks for starting out the day for us. Good morning to everyone or should I say mourning? So sad about all that has happened in the news. I thought it was just Los Angeles but seems it has hit further across the States as well. I hope all the kids are okay forepetesake I really do...they are all in my prayers today that is for sure.

G

Godsdrummer

I think the kids are alright.

Here's a statement from their website;

Volunteer Bus in Accident
Friday, 26 June 2009

Shortly before 7am this morning, the GLASSMEN Volunteer bus (851) was involved in an accident with a tractor trailer coming out of a service plaza. At this time, it appears that the bus driver was the only one to sustain injuries, but as a precautionary measure three volunteers were also taken to be checked out. No other GLASSMEN vehicles or personnel were involved with this incident.

All members, staff and remaining volunteers are fine, and on their way to the housing site.

More details to follow.

Last edited:

Bambi

Aww crap that is disheartening to invest so much of your heart and soul and to have it taken away, ripped away from you is hard. How old are the kids? Any news on there physical status yet?

G

Godsdrummer

Sorry I thru you for a loop INO, I edited my last message shortly after I posted it.

The kids are ok!

G

Godsdrummer

Nope I think that stuff is ok to.

However I am thinking about doing something, that is going to truly break my heart. But it is my own damned fault. I should have realized that I am not sane enough.

G

Godsdrummer

Oh...I was just thinking of destroying another one of God's gifts.

But not this time. I had a momentary lapse of sanity.

God gave me the gift of music. I destroyed that career.
God gave me the woman who would be the mother of my children. I destroyed that marriage thru alcohol.

Now, just now....when someone so very special has come into my life, even if she is 500 miles away....I will not destroy that gift too. Hell no! The days of self destruction are over.

Damn depression was starting to get at me again.

Bambi

Damn depression ..I am going kick it in the ass if tries to come screw up my day...glad you kicked it out of your life...I am following your lead! How dare it try to take a precious Gift from God...depression is such a fucktard.

G

Godsdrummer

It's like my disease of alcoholism brought some back up. You know just in case I start to get sober, his friends, despair and depression jump in to help him out.

And I came this close this morning to telling the woman of my dreams that this wasnt going to work out, all because I started projecting again.

2 things are now on my shitlist.

Cupid and depression!

shades

Staff Alumni
Bill, glad the accident turned out o.k. You'll be o,k, too. You're a good soul and that counts for everything. I think your life will turn out great.

Little_me

I was downtown all day.... And I met one of my former bullies. Yeehaw x(
Edit: but her reaction was a true pleasure. She bullied me at 11 because o my overweight (I got bulimia because of that, and it later turned into anorexia) and today I was the thinner, SHE was the fat! I mean, really fat! Moahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00