Sad today

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by twc, Oct 10, 2010.

1. twc

twc Well-Known Member

A lonely weekend, emptying out my temporary apartment. Still don't have a job.

I miss a lot of old friends but they've moved on with their lives and I haven't. Feel like an outcast.

I'm trying to make new friends, but there are so many desperate and manipulative people around, it's tough to figure out who is trustworthy. It takes time, and I'm not always patient.

I feel like if I don't get a job soon, I'll fall apart. And I also feel like if I don't do something creative soon, I'll go crazy.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

So sorry you are having such a rough day but glad you shared with us...hope you find someone to keep you company...and, you are right, it does take time...big hugs, J
  3. SarahB

SarahB Well-Known Member

I think you should try to do something creative. Find a hobby that you can express yourself, like painting, drawing, things like that. Even listening to music. Maybe with those hobbies you can find people with similar interests in them, and makes some good friends.

It can be tough to lose friends and move on, it really can. But I'm sure you can do it, you just have to try to get your mind off them.

And times are really rough right now, but they are slowly getting better, I think. You will get a job again. Don't let it stress you out.
  4. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words.

I used to play music and write. The meds I used to take did something to me...I can't quite feel the emotions that I used to. It's frustrating.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

maybe ask doc to regulate meds a little okay so you can feel again or get on new ones
  6. sea change

sea change Member

Hi, twc.

I'm glad you mentioned writing. I'm a writer and sometimes just sitting down with a new Word document open, ready for you to type anything can be a good release. For me, it's even better with a notebook and a pen. There's just something about the ink inscribing on a page... I often don't even write anything of note. Just random thoughts about my current state, feelings towards other people, doodling, etc. Sometimes it's good to zone out and give the brain a break. Also, sometimes, while simply scribbling, I arrive at clearer thoughts about myself or my situation.
  7. SarahB

SarahB Well-Known Member

I understand a bit how you feel. I lost a lot of my inspiration for drawing because of things that have happened to me.

But I think you should talk to your doctor about the pills. You said you used to take them.. did you stop? Tell him either way. You deserve to get your emotions back.
  8. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Thanks sea change. I used to start writing with grocery

Sarah B and violet, I haven't taken psych meds for two years. Unfortunately I think the damage is done. I'm not sure what the meds did to me but I'm very unhappy about it.

Btw violet nice to see you still here.
  9. Woodsmoke

Woodsmoke Well-Known Member

I really do know how you feel, I can't handle myself if I'm not being creative, and feel useless without a job.

Hang in there, we can both sort ourselves out. :)