Sad...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by brknsilence, May 26, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

I been struggling and hearing someone tell me, "Get it together" - no one on this forum, by the way - the comment was hurtful. If only, I could "Get it together" I wouldn't be this way. I hate struggling.

2. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I understand, I get told that on a daily basis so basically I just shut up and stay to myself and try to work it out.

3. brknsilence

I feel like not saying anything anymore. I try opening up to express how I feel and end up getting some people telling me to either "suck it up" ; "Get it together" ; or worse "You're looking for attention" I just want to live life without suffering. I'm drained in struggling. My struggles have been triggering my suicidal thoughts because I'm tired of dealing with it and burdening everyone with it.

I'm so sorry you're hearing this everyday. Know I'm here always listening. Hugs

4. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I find it is better for me to not say anything to the people who say these things, it helps believe me. I have not said anything about my depression to my wife for over a month now, don't say to much to her.

5. brknsilence

Know I'm always here. Hugs

I may need a med increase. I don't know. Just exhausted emotionally

6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Its okay to be exhausted. What people say sometimes can be offensive or disempowering intentionally or not on purpose whatever the reason was its up to ourselves to react to it or let it roll off our backs...sometimes I got to ingore ingorant remarks and swallow my tongue and walk away and try not to let it hurt me.

Practice makes it easy sometimes but dang a lot of times its not a cakewalk . People can be insensitive and not know it.

MisterBGone likes this.
  7. brknsilence

Yeah, I been needing to learn not to listen to remarks that seems offensive. Not easy but do-able. I'll keep working on it.